1220 Calories a day, weight loss

Options
Currently I can't do anything right now because my doctor has given me orders to do so. (Don't want to go to far into detail) I'm pretty much sedentary right now. So i'm using MFP and they have given be 1220 Calories a day. Has anyone had success with sticking to 1200-1230 Calories a day (being sedentary, little to know exercise) and lost weight?? Really need some success stories. Because right now i'm feeling down

Replies

• Mrsmomrnmima
    Mrsmomrnmima Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes. That amount of calories will show a weight loss with no exercise, I've done it. And if you think you are starving, do the little to no cal thing. I did beef and chicken broth, eaten with a spoon, to fool myself into thinking I had a big bowl of soup! Munched on celery, drank lots and lots of water (sometime sipped on it hot, for variety) And then eventually when you can be more active, your calories will go up, and you will be able to eat more.
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    yes, i don't like exercise much so instead of working out hard and eating more, i simply eat less :) its easier for me
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I lost weight at that amount of calories when I had foot injuries. I wouldn't rec it long term and at least try and eat your bmr...mfp banks on the idea that you WILL exercise and eat those calories back.
  • adzubak
    adzubak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    All my weight loss so far has been on no exercise. Very rarely, maybe once every 3 weeks, I got in some exercise from diving, and now i am doing stretching, but I lost 10lbs in a little over a month doing nothing but watching what I eat and how much.
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    eat lots of lean protein and veggies!!! try to cut back on carbs and fat. you'd be surprised how satisfied you can feel on very few calories a day. Sometimes I don't even make it to 1000 and I feel totally full all day.
  • hparros
    hparros Posts: 11
    Options
    MFP allows me to eat 1210 a day and I have been losing weight very consistently for the past 4 months!

I make sure my meals are very well-rounded though. YOU DON'T WANT TO DEPRIVE YOURSELF OF NECESSARY FOODS JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO EAT FEWER CALORIES. This just means less chocolate and junk foods and more fruits and veggies :) good luck!
  • EmmettBrown
    Options
    last 1,5 week i have had no exercise because of an injury but the last week i have still lost 6,1 lbs (2,8 kg)
    though I don't eat as much as 1200 kcal. I only take a small snack/food plate when or if i'm hungry.
    its not healthy and I read that its absolutely not recommended to eat less then 8-900 kcal per day.
    but you won't die if done for a short time to lose the extra pounds and make your stomach sack smaller.