Fitbit...new to me, I'm a bit confused!

Options
Hello everyone, I have been recently using the fitbit app linked to my fitness pal I have also purchased a fitbit on eBay but have not received it yet so I'm currently entering everything manually on the fitbit app (only exercises) now the problem I'm having is that it is SOOOOO very inconsistent I will log the same thing 2 days in a row, and I will have 2 different fitbit adjustments.
I really hope once I get my fitbit this wont happen...

Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, if anyone is fitbit savvy :D or just uses one, please feel free to add me as a friend.

Thanks, your help is much appreciated :)

Replies

• inky409
    inky409 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been using a fitbit for quite some time now. I also got mine off of ebay. Love it! I also have noticed that when linked to MFP, the fitbit adjustments do seem to change from day to day despite that fact that you've done the same exercise. I'm actually thinking of "unlinking" the two. I'll just add my exercise manually in mfp and have my fitbit track on the fitbit dashboard. Not sure if that helps. Also, I'm adding you as a friend. :-)
  • earthdeuxbella
    earthdeuxbella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you entering your exercise JUST on Fitbit , and not on both Fitbit's site AND myfitness pal?

I have no idea how the Fitbit works without actually having the device - I would just wait until it came in the mail and then start plugging and chugging. I'm not sure how it accurately fitbit can estimate your daily burn if you aren't wearing the device.

I would just log your activity in MFP until you get the Fitbit. If you have any questions once you get it, though, hit me up.. I was super confused but finally figured most of it out

=)
  • starmichie
    starmichie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Logging it only on fitbit.

It varies day to day considerable amounts like 500 calories burned:/

It's strange.
  • starmichie
    Options
    Inky...accepted :) thanks

I'm thinking it should be more steady.
    But still can't wait to get my fitbit!!! :D
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing your fitbit only during exercise or all day long? I wear mine from the time I get up until the time I go to bed. I find mine will vary depending on my activity during the day because it also depends on how active you are. If you are walking around more i.e.: out shopping or in the yard and wearing it it is going to log that as additional calories burned if you exceed your BMR that you have set.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    HIya... I had some issues with the synching etc a few weeks ago and did alot of research .. this is what I came up and it is working really well for me now....

1. On MFP have your activity level set to sedentary if you intend to manually add you activity (this is important as the other levels have already taken your activity into account and so you would be overestimating)
    2. Set MFP and your fitbit to your desired calorie deficit.
    3. Enter your exercise only in to one - I enter food and exercise into mfp exclusively.
    4. Make sure fitbit and MFP are using the same time zone.

I am told this system works best when you are in a position where you can regularly synch between fitbit and MFP.

Your fitbit adjustment (shown on MFP) will of course be different each day depending on your level and frequency of activity.

I hope that helps - you are welcome to add me to your team :) Donna
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    I have a fitbit & wear it all day long. I log my exercises on fitbit usually and my food on mfp. But I am still playing around with it to make sure I reach my TDEE deficit each day.

I'm always looking for more motivation as friends pass me in the ranks so any of you can feel free to add me on fitbit... this is the link to my profile on there
    http://www.fitbit.com/user/24LFB5
  • starmichie
    Options
    wonderwoman.....I don't have the fitbit yet....I enter my activity manually on the fitbit app

Same time...same amount of activity.....same activity and it still varies.

Donnaleigh....done done and done....still different.

:/
  • starmichie
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's feedback.. :)