Stay at Home Moms, Please!

Options
124»

Replies

• ChubbyMummy18
    Options
    I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THE OVERWHELMINGLY WONDERFUL NUMBER OF REPLIES TO MY BOARD! I HAVE TRIED TO ADD AS MANY OF YOU AS I COULD KEEP UP WITH! IT'S SO GREAT TO KNOW THERE ARE OTHER MOMS (AND EVEN WOMEN WHO AREN'T MOMS) WHO CAN RELATE TO MY LIFESTYLE! I HAVE TAKEN ALL OF YOUR ADVICE AND SUGGESTIONS TO HEART AND WILL IMPLEMENT THEM FOR SURE! THANK YOU EVERYONE! :heart:
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm housewife. My kids are in school now, but you can add me, I have a lot of "tips" from back in the day
  • foxyjanestacey
    Options
    Hi, I feel like we have a lot in common.I just started on here yesterday and am determined to get fit. I will add you as my first friend. Anyone else feel free to add me as wll as i have not made any friends yet and feel that i need all the support i can get ;)
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    SAHM :smile: I have a 6 yr old (that I homeschool) a 4 yr old and a 7 month old. I had no idea how much I nibbled when I made lunches. Now I NEVER put ANYTHING in my mouth until after I log it. That really helps!! It makes me pay attention. No mindless eating! And maybe avoid having to much junk snack food in the house, less tempting! :smile: I exercise when my baby girl takes her nap. My boys know that it is Mommy time and they play quietly in their room or watch a movie. That works since they are 6 & almost 5. Old enough to understand. This can be done, we just have to have a plan! I wish you the best!! :flowerforyou: Stay At Home Moms Rock!!!!
  • ynvndn
    ynvndn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, i see you have had great responds already! I am home with my twins boys of 17 months and i have a 4 year old as well. I definitely know how you feel. You can graze all day and that is what makes it hard. That's why i eat 6 times a day... keeps your metabolism coming and you don't feel the need to snack. If you want you can add me as well.

Good luck!
  • azwildcats7
    azwildcats7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm also a stay at home mom to an almost 3 year who thinks she's 16 ;) I was really good about preparing meals and snacks several months ago but for some reason I've been slacking and just snacking. I no longer finish her meals (which was part of my problem in the beginning) but snacking still gets the best of me. I work out about 6 days a week which is also a task in itself. I wish we had a gym in town with daycare so I could get some time to myself but no such luck. I used to workout after she went to bed but often feel to emotionally wiped by the end of the day to do it and just want to relax. I've switched it to mornings( not before she wakes since her favorite wakeup time is 530!) so she's either in the room with me, contently playing a game or watching something OR trying to do the workout with me...which is super cute but also incredibly frustrating at the same time. Although there is nothing better than her clapping at the end and giving me a big high five saying good job mommy! Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for buddies to help stay motivated!
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just quit my 50-70 hr a week job and now stay at home with my 2 yr old and 5 month old.I found I gained more weight while working because of the chinese restaurant next door and I was just too tired and stressed to care about what I ate.It is really hard to workout with the babies so I try to do it before they wake up in the morning. I try to keep plenty of healthy snacks available for me and my daughter so if I do eat her leftovers it won't be so much of a calorie bomb lol.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm not a SAHM, but I'm a single working mom...So I understand about not having the time...For the temptation at home the easiest thing to do is just not buy junk food or things that will tempt you... I've yet to master working out enough for it to make a difference..I'll get one in here and they when the girls are in school (during school) or when they are in bed.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys, Leo who is 2yrs and Jamie who is 8 months old. Its hard when Jamie would wake at night for bottles and then id be up all day with both of them whilst looking after a house,kitten and partner, so id eat junk and sugar to wake myself up and keep alive lol
    Now Im using exercise as a wake up button! Iv just finished a fast stationary bike ride (90rpm for 30mins) and Im sweaty and exhausted but wide awake and wanting more! Iv found working out gives me so much more energy and I miss not exercising when I have days off!
    Something im trying hard to overcome is picking at kids leftovers! They will leave a potato wedge so I will eat it or eat the little pasta tubes they didnt want, urgh nasty habit mums have which we need to stop. I keep telling myself something I read here that we are not rubbish bins, so we dont need to take their leftovers!