Looking For Non-Harsh Supportive Friends

Options
Hello to you all.
After finding out that I gained all of my weight back, I'm looking for some good supportive (and understanding) friends to help me stay motivated and focused. After realizing that I'm an emotional eater (I didn't want to believe it), I'm looking for some friends who can support me though it and who logs in everyday. I'm 5'9 and my weight goal is 130/140.

Thank you~ xo

Replies

• dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! I think i'm pretty motivating and non-harsh (though my mom says I need to get a filter for my mouth) and I would be more than happy to help you any way I can! I'm an emotional eater too. I love ice cream when I'm sad, I eat when i'm bored (not so much since starting this diet) and I eat when I'm watching TV. (But I still stay within my calorie limit.) I log in everyday, mostly because if I'm not tracking every single calorie I put in my mouth then I forget i'm on a diet. Though I usually eat under 1200 calories, I am not one of those girls who freaks out if I go over. If i'm hungry, I'm going to eat and hey who cares if I eat more than 1200? Many people applaud it. I'm 5'6-maybe 6 and a half. Currently weigh 213 (Starting weight 5 weeks ago was 238) and I want to lose another 63lbs.

Sorry, I'm babbling... it's late and I can't go to bed til my laundry is done. :yawn: :smile:
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in much the same boat as you. I'm a total emotional eater...and these few months have been an emotional roller coaster for me. I've still got 65-ish pounds to get off of me, so I'm back to MFP to try and get myself on track. Good luck to you!
  • Toninz
    Toninz Posts: 29
    Options
    I can relate to the boredom eating, especially in front of the TV :blushing:
    Ive now wheeled my elliptical into the lounge and watch movies whilst I work out :laugh:

Feel free to add me. Ive found that the more friends you have cheering you on the better, especially on the days when you fall off the wagon :wink:

Welcome and good luck!!
  • divinesaber
    divinesaber Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You ladies are so inspirational and understanding :D Let's work together to reach our goals! ^_^ I hope you don't mind me adding you. :)
  • AJL437
    AJL437 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I find that if I say to myself " Am I eating because I am hungry? If not, why?" Bored, sad, etc. Then I can better deal with it. I can more easily overcome boredom once I identify it. I chew a piece of gum as the first line of defense and then if I still really want that bag of chips. I put out a portion and eat it and log it. I have logged 3,700 - 4,000 calorie days. The commitment I made to myself is that I would log every day and work out every day. It really takes the pressure off. I am down about 20 lbs since January - slower than the 2lb/week goal I set - yes! Better than ever before - yes!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You can add me and check out my blog. I travel a lot so I go for weeks at a time where I'm unable to post but even then I try to log in almost every other day (my phone ap allows posting food and exercise, but not forums or walls).
  • iluvmycats
    iluvmycats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    HI!!
    Feel free to add me as well..i would be more than happy to help and be a support for you..i try to surround myself with supportive people who arent going to bully me into looking at my food journal or when I know i have slipped that make me feel ashamed! That kind of crappy attiude isnt going to help anyone and i think sometimes ppl forget where they started!

Best of luck to you!!
    Jen
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm no stranger to cheat days, and then getting back on the bandwagon. :)
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm an emotional eater as well, getting that under control has been the hardest part of this journey so I understand! I log in every day and my diary is open to friends - non-harsh sounds good to me :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    i added u
  • hgambaro124
    hgambaro124 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i'm an emotional eater as well or as i call it a stress eater....after the hurricane when we were trying to find a new home i couldn't stop eating...i also eat when i'm bored i'm trying to work on it and just recently came back with a vengence...hope you don't mind i'm going to add you, if anyone wants to add me feel free :)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I also am an emotional eater. Powder donuts are my weakness. Reminds when I was a kid and we would eat them at night before bed. I am also a stress eater. One day at a time is how I get thru this and make it a life style change and not a diet. Feel free to add me.
  • divinesaber
    divinesaber Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You guys are wonderful :) I'm so glad I joined MFP and found awesome, understandable and kind people~