Help w/ logging calories lost ( CYBEX ARC TRAINER ELLITACAL)

Options
Wassup guys I just have a question about the calories that I burn from using gym machines. I always take my calorie burned # from what the machine sais, however the totals are a little high for example today I used the elliptical and it stated I burned 1073 calories in 45 minutes. Has anybody had problems with calorie #s being off?
I don't eat the calories back but it would just be nice to know accurate calorie burned readings if there off a bit.

Appreciate plz add me if you have any cardio tips or fat burning anything helps..

Replies

• BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey there!~ I heart the Cybex SO much. I am level 10 at 100% for about 45 minutes with HIIT about every 3 minutes and I burn right around 900 calories!
  • allie_girl
    Options
    Don't ever go by the machines, they overestimate 30-50% of the time. The only way to get an accurate tally of calories is a Heart Rate Monitor, purchased for $60-100 dollars. Wear it and log your exercise that way!

There are many theories on "fat burning zones" which I can't even begin to explain, but a quick google should shed some light on what you'd like to do.
  • BreeNJesse
    Options
    Also the Cybex is like stairs, elliptical and dreadmill at once, a crazy burn is expected!
  • BreeNJesse
    Options
    Oh wait let me add, that's with HRM!
  • Khaleesi305
    Options
    If you want a more accurate calorie count on the machines, put in a weight that is 10-15% less than your actual weight. Not to say that this makes it accurate, only more accurate than using your actual weight.
  • CharmCity25
    Options
    Appreciate it guys