Should I...?

Options
I'm still a little sore, not much, from the 30 day shred on Wednesday. Would it be ok to do the workout again today?

Also, this guy is trying to persuade me to take Creatine (sp?). Is it something I should do or not?

THANKS!!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I read a study that suggested creatine is largely a placebo effect. Meaning a waste of your money. I'm interested to see the comments of others though.

If you feel like you want to do the workout, go for it! If you can't finish, that's okay. That you want to is pretty cool, and your body will tell you when it can go on and when it can't:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
  • lisa_08
    lisa_08 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks! I have also heard that about Creatine but the guy insists it's amazing and does all this wonderful stuff for your muscles. IDK!?
  • poisonapple
    poisonapple Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have found the best way to make the sore go away is to exercise it out! Don't hurt yourself of course, be nice to your body but there is nothing at all wrong with working through the soreness. Usually after the first few minutes I feel like brand new. And just think, next time you won't be as sore as you were the first time =)
    On the creatine, I have no advice there ...have never tried it and never payed much attention honestly, sorry
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    In regards to creatine, I think its best to do this the old fashion way, with hard work. Because whatever effect the pills have on you (such as weight loss or whatever) will stop when you stop taking the pills, and often the weight will pile right back on + some. As for the sore muscles- I had shin splints a while back from running, and the next day I went for a very brisk, long walk, and they felt 100 times better! I think exercise is the best way to relieve sore muscles... also remember to stretch well! That helps, too!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    i have no idea about the creatine...but yes yes yes work out --- it helps release the muscle soreness!!
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've heard that Creatine is really bad for your kidneys, but I'm no expert. Do you know if it's approved by the FDA?
  • hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    Options
    i am also doing 30day shred...and we are doing ours everyday (my hubby and I) i'm sore and last night i didn't want to workout but thanks to persuation from my hubby I did...and i had to take a few breathers during the workout but i felt great afterwards...workout again...sore muscles are a sign that your doing great! And remember no pain no gain...in moderation of course...don't hurt yourself.
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    Creatine is not for just anybody, and it is mostly used by weight-lifters who want to bulk up and have more energy for training. Creatine WILL make your muscles retain water so you do look bigger. I tried it a long time ago and found I was jittery and did not like that effect at all.

So--big muscles and energy, yes! more water in your muscles and jittery, yes! You decide. (google the pros and cons of creatine and it will give you much more help than I just did).

Good luck.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I have found the best way to make the sore go away is to exercise it out! Don't hurt yourself of course, be nice to your body but there is nothing at all wrong with working through the soreness.

agreed!