Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Favorite Food - Healthy Alternatives

2»

Replies

• DorotaS
    DorotaS Posts: 5 Member
    Definitely loving turkey bacon as an alternative (though regular bacon will always hold a special place in my heart). I've always loved pasta and white bread, but I've gotten myself to switch over to using quinoa and orzo and now I love them. Much more interesting flavors and textures!

And to deal with my serious chocolate and sugar addictions I drink Shakeology and use Questbars. They get me my fix, plus some nutrition and no guilt.
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    I like Chili, so I use 97/3 extra ground beef, low sodium red beans, some chili powder, garlic powder, tomato sauce..just stir and mix! I also have tried, the Jennie O Turkey Hot dogs (70 calories per link) I love my burgers! I do mostly Turkey Burgers, but have used lean ground beef too..Turkey Bacon is also not too bad, and resort to the low sodium ones..I still have my salty nuts, special K chips..quaker rice cakes are pretty yummy too. :)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Definitely loving turkey bacon as an alternative (though regular bacon will always hold a special place in my heart). I've always loved pasta and white bread, but I've gotten myself to switch over to using quinoa and orzo and now I love them. Much more interesting flavors and textures!

And to deal with my serious chocolate and sugar addictions I drink Shakeology and use Questbars. They get me my fix, plus some nutrition and no guilt.
    Orzo is pasta.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    I almost always replace ground beef with 93/7 or 99/1 ground turkey
    Reese's cups - Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisps peanut butter
    Fried foods - oven "frying"
    Brownies - Fiber One brownies (microwaved for 15 seconds)
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    -putting pizza toppings on a salad,...

That I must try. Thanks.

Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie taste great with waaay less calories and fat/serving. yumm for cheat days.