weighing in....

Options
how often can you record your weigh ins?????

Replies

• cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    weekly
  • dietpepsi100
    dietpepsi100 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    as often as you like. I try and do it once a week
  • stephaniesjourney
    Options
    I record weekly. every Friday!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    as much as you like... but to avoid driving yourself crazy, try to limit to once a week... (I should take my own advice! :noway: )
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    How often can you or do you? I weigh daily (it works for me). I don't believe there are any limits to how many times you can "log your weight" each day.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    locked my scale in a box and taped it shut. Opening it on May 8th. Trying to stop obsessing over a number when my goal is more to get sexy than to get skinny
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    If you get obsessive over the number....once a month or less. However, if the number doesn't bother you and just helps you stay on track then it can be however often you want. I do once a month (weight and measurements). Mainly because my weight loss is so little I don't see it from week to week (don't have a digital scale so I can't go by .2 pounds and the like). I sometimes randomly weigh myself through the week just to keep myself on track.
  • RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    locked my scale in a box and taped it shut. Opening it on May 8th. Trying to stop obsessing over a number when my goal is more to get sexy than to get skinny

This. Due to water retention and loss, numbers don't mean a thing. Even food and waste in the body will skew numbers.

I do take biweekly measurements with tailor tape though.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options

I like this approach .......... but I would never do it. I weigh whenever I have a whim, pass a scale (I work in a hospital), wake up, work out etc, etc, etc. It certainly shows me how much daily variation there is and why a number is so fleeting. YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A 7 POUND VARIATION THROUGH OUT THE DAY. But it's not fat or muscle. It 's WATER!

I record my weight once a week on Saturday, wake up, bathroom, naked, same scale. That's the one that counts.
  • Robin_Anne
    Options
    I weigh in daily (in the morning). It helps me to see if there's a shift in weight gain. Like yesterday, I ate a lot and it was reflected in weight gain today. It kind of stops the excessive behavior, more, than if I don't.
  • Guitar1969
    Guitar1969 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day at same time and use an excellent android app, Libra, that uses the variations to set a trend, since weigh ins can vary up and down by 4 lbs due to what's in your body(Based upon the Hacker's Diet). It has actually been very accurate for me and is great motivator - I like doing the daily thing for the mere fact that if I have bit higher weigh in, it mentally affects what I want to eat that day to try and get back on track.
  • kevinxkung
    Options
    Best is to weigh yourself first thing in the morning, every morning before eating and after your 'business' if you do that first. Then at the end of every week take the average of each day in that week. That's the number you then take to compare to your previously recorded weekly numbers. Comparing your weekly averages helps to smooth out the ups and downs that may occur during any one day. For most people, weekend schedules and eating habits are quite different than weekdays, so getting weekly averages lessens the impact of these differences.

But I would note that the point of weighing every morning is NOT to reward, punish, or otherwise obsess about your daily change. All you're doing is gathering valuable data so that you can assess and adjust your program as needed.

Hope that helps!
    Kevin
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options

This. Due to water retention and loss, numbers don't mean a thing. Even food and waste in the body will skew numbers.

I do take biweekly measurements with tailor tape though.

I measure with my pants/belt/bra etc. If they are looser, I am losing something.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    how often can you record your weigh ins?????
    You can record them as often as you'd like. I try to weigh in once a week but sometimes I forget. I actually haven't weighed in for over two weeks now.