God help m!! And anyone of you who wants to lose 75+ pounds

Options
:drinker: Hi, looking for willpower? Does anyone have any??? Just a cup a day would do.

Female, 46 years old, 5'5" in height and 245 pounds!!! Okay, I need a gallon of willpower a day!!

Replies

• sukti
    sukti Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi lookingfor125, Dont worry! I have 85 lbs to lose. I am 44 years and am 5 feet. Came back from the gym now and i am in pain...think I did it too much. I just joined today. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I am halfway through my original 100 lbs that I want to lose.
  • ShaniceMcK
    Options
    I just started yesterday. It took me a while to make the final decision to not only lose weight, but to live a healthier lifestyle. Even when you feel like giving up, keep pushing. Think about how bad you want it! It's not easy, but know that it's worth it. Even though you don't see the results now, you will see it later! I wish you the best with this journey! You made an amazing choice!
  • jeanineolson
    jeanineolson Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I have a ways to go. When I started on this journey, I was told to make a list of what could I do at my goal weight that I could not do at my current weight. They then said when ever I need motivation, to pull out that list. It has helped.
  • angelsingin4jc
    Options
    I have over 100 I want to lose. I'l 5'8.5", 27 years old, and female. I lost 40 last year, went through a bad case of seasonal Depression over the winter and got back at it in February. I'm down 27 lbs. The best thing you can do is KEEP GOING! Do. Not. Give. Up. You can do it! :-)
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm about halfway myself -- at my highest weight in January of 2009 I was nearly 300 lbs, now I'm down to 236, but still have about 75 lbs to go. Feel free to add me!
  • Corzy75
    Corzy75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Whatever you do, just don't give up!!!! If you are like the rest of us, then you have started.....and quit.....about a million times!

There are going to be slip ups and "real life" that smack you in the face all the time. Just know that before hand and prepare for it. If you cheat one day, so be it. Be get right back to it the next day. It will get easier as time goes on, I promise.

Everybody says how hard it is to eat right and get in shape....well, I say NO!!! We have been trained our whole lives to eat junk and pollute ourselves. Whether it be food or alcohol or cigarettes....or whatever!!! Why is it so easy to do all the things that are bad for us and killing us??? It's time that we all start taking responsibility and ban together to do what is right.

I'm glad the you have joined myfitnesspal.com. You are headed in the right direction. Will power will keep coming as you continue to teach yourself the right way to eat again! ANYONE can get in shape....and you will be amazed at the results if you just apply yourself.

You CAN do it.....
  • sweetmissie
    sweetmissie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    you have the willpower dig deeper you find it if after digging you still didn't find it
    I want you to move things around a bit it must be behind thing I know you have it's just misplace keep looking
    Inside you its there I Promise
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    It is doable. Just need commitment--not too much willpower. You need to think of it in positive terms, such as getting healthier, being able to do more, buying attractive clothes (even if they are from the thrift store and not brand new) and not being sick at a younger age than others who are more trim. When I am tempted to quit, then it is time to bring out the heavy artillery and I remind myself of the consequences of not staying committed: The fatter an individual is, the faster he/she will become debilitated. The crappier the diet, the faster someone will get sick with chronic or even lethal disease. That's what keeps me committed to my plan. :smile:
  • angiela724
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here myself and would like to lose 80 lbs. I've gone over my calorie goal almost every day and I crave sugar like it's going out of style!! I know this is going to be a long process in order to do it right, but I need help and motivation myself. I don't really have a good support system at home so if there are any positive people out there that would like to add me and help with the motivation, I'd be eternally grateful! I'd be glad to provide you any motivation I can as well! I try to stay positive and treat every day as a new start, but there are some days that are definitely harder than others. Good luck to us all!!
  • DrSketch
    DrSketch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You have to be strict with yourself, and not fall into the pattern of "just this once". At the same time, if you do slip up, don't let one bad day make you quit. Hop right back on the next day, and don't beat yourself up.
  • helpers1
    helpers1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! 47 years old, and I need to lose an additional 75+ lbs - been at it for 9 weeks now, and lost a total of 25. There have been times I've wanted to give in, but I just keep hearing that little voice in my head telling me "I can't do this".....and I just scream back at that voice "YES I CAN!!!!" then I do some kind of wicked exercise and prove the voice wrong,
  • AngelMarie805
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm just getting started and am motivated, but I know it's only a matter of time until I give up. I'm in the 75 lb. category as well. For me, it's a mental problem. Maybe changing up the eating plan would help. Or change the time/place/type of exercise. My son's getting married in one year, and I don't want to be "The Big One" in the wedding pictures. Treat yourself with the same respect and care you show others. Be nice to yourself. You are worth it.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't have will power. I have added a lot more vegetables to my diet. I make sure I hit a decent amount of fiber everyday. I don't know how many grams, but I sure do know when I miss, because I will be hungry( cue to eat more veggies).

Things I do now that I didn't do and have as a consequence gotten way out of shape.

1. I keep a journal I started in October last year so that isn't on this site.

2. Log log log I started doing that last month when I joined MFP.

3. I try to sleep more.

4. Move more.

5. I try to pay attention to my pain, this is the hardest because pain isn't a motivator for me.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I wish that I could give you a cup or gallon of willpower but, only you can get it and drink it.. My willpower won't do anything for you, you must search within yourself and find the biggest gulp you can to keep going when the going gets tough.
    I have been on MFP and WW for a while now and have lost a great amount of weight but, I am still looking to lose almost 100 more pounds. My weight stats:
    Starting weight (December 21 2012): 283.7
    Current weight (according to April 17 2013): 239
    Goal weight (hoping for next Christmas): 144
    I have a long way to go and in the beginning, it was extremely difficult to get going and keep up the good work when all I wanted to do was break down and quit. I see myself differently than other's see me (body dysmorphic disorder) and it makes things extremely difficult and it sends me on a big roll. I have given up about 4 times in the past 4 months which is just pathetic but, every time, I get back on the wagon and I take off! :)

I wish you the best of luck and PLEASE feel free to add me as a friend. I am always around to give support to you if you want or need it.
  • katiejvogel
    Options
    I am just about in the same boat as you. I have about 115 to reach my goal from here. I started a few years ago and lost 30 but gained about 12 back so I am working on loosing that 12 before I can move on into "virgin" fat so to speak. I have found a huge motivation in this site. I stay connected all day. I check in multiple times a day and I am always looking in the message boards for people to talk with to encourage or get encouragement from. Keep up the good work and don't loose track in the inevitable slip up. Remember, any moment is a moment to turn things around for the better! :) Feel free to add me :)
  • justjan269
    Options
    Hi there! I too am trying to lose over 100 pounds. I haven't been able to exercise due to medical issues however I've managed to lose 15 pounds in 40 days of truly being logged in. All I can say is keep going. I've learned that portion control is the biggest factor. When my hubby and I were on vacation of course you eat out almost every meal. I kept my app right by my side and calculated everything. I even took boxes with me back to our suite each night (hubby's late night snack..lol). This site is wonderful. I look forward to being released by my doctor to start exercising hopefully by the end of this week. Then I really hope to see the weight come off but I'm so excited to know that just by watching my calorie intake, logging what I've eaten and portion control without exercise you can still lose weight. Hope my little story is as encouraging to you as everyone else's has been to me.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I had a 75+ lb goal, but I'm 47 lbs through it (I'd dropped 30 prior to using this site, obviously).

I'd like to believe that I'm all willpower at this point (perhaps stubbornly so), so I'll throw some your way.
  • cstod74
    cstod74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am 38 weigh 215 and want to get down to about 175ish would be nice. This is my 2nd week of thise and need all the help I can to with will power.

send me messages and will respond to you when I can. First step for me I found was adding friends on this sight and to log all items in!

You can do and so can we all.................................... drink a cup of water first before eating anything helps me get my water in.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    hey i started at 327 & im down to 198 soooo you can do it! its not fun. it can be a pain.. but it can also be awesome. welcome to your journey! i have logged for 500 days. i have done things i never even dreamed possible. im willing to share a little willpower but you have to get some from inside of you too. feel free to add me as a friend. best of luck on your journey. you will do great!

side note. grab a seatbelt. buckle up. it can be a bumpy ride. sometimes you might mess up. thats okay. just remember to try again. every day is a new day and a fresh start. please remember that. :)