New to this... and now i have a question...

Options
:embarassed:

Hi everyone... my question is, What do i have to be focused on? The calories consumed of the fat in the food? Someone please help me!!! i am sooo confused! :embarassed:

Replies

• bridgetbdg
    Options
    :embarassed:

Hi everyone... my question is, What do i have to be focused on? The calories consumed of the fat in the food? Someone please help me!!! i am sooo confused! :embarassed:
  • areason4stars
    Options
    I am pretty new too for now I am just trying to keep my calories in check, I will work on the ratio to carbs/fat/protein later.... one step at a time

Good luck!
  • bridgetbdg
    Options
    thx! so, if i want to lose some weight i should be focused on the calories i eat... right?
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Hi there all! You will love it here!

I keep track of the entire row of things...

I mostly focus on my "calories," then "fat," then the other two...forget what they are...LOL I think my "protein" is usually the next problem area for me. The "carbs" are not a problem for me, so I usually ignore that column.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I agree with 'Our Lovely MFP Princess'!

If you are eating healthy foods then the all of the columns will align properly...If you just focus on the calories then you are not learning the proper foods to eat that equate to a balanced diet. Sometimes i go over on my protein (but they are good proteins!) and other days over on my carbs (but they are good carbs!) but NEVER over on my fats!!

For example, you can get your calories, carbs and proteins by eating a bacon cheeseburger but is that they kind of food that you want to be putting in your body? You get to eat so much more food which will leave you feeling more full and satisfied when it is the right food - understand?
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I agree with 'Our Lovely MFP Princess'!

For example, you can get your calories, carbs and proteins by eating a bacon cheeseburger but is that they kind of food that you want to be putting in your body? You get to eat so much more food which will leave you feeling more full and satisfied when it is the right food - understand?

Exactly...I have gone over on my fat's but I look during the day and well, going over with an avocado or peanuts is "okay" for me if I don't do it often. I was so strict on myself before, and now that I am relaxing and not mentally struggling with every single calorie. I feel better and less stressed.
  • bridgetbdg
    Options
    ooooooooooo.... ok :smile: Thanks guys! I really appreciate everyone's Advice! And no.... i wouldnt want a diet of cheezeburgers and baccon... lol... that really made scence... Thx again!
  • bridgetbdg
    Options
    what if i dont go over on any of them by the end of the day?? would that be ok or do i have to eat until i get to my limits? (cal./carb./fat./pro.)
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    I usually will drink a glass of milk to boost up things if needed. I'll be curious about what everyone else shares with you! Good luck!
  • karenfitness
    Options
    Hi!

All the serious articles I have ever read on this subject say that in order to lose weight you must burn more calories than you consume. Plain and simple. The rest is just window dressing. In regards to my personal experience in the last 20 years... same thing burn up more calories than I eat!

I have been trying to to eat "normal" food these past couple of weeks (yes some sweets too), but eat smaller portions and stick to their calorie limit and it is working. Sometimes a pound a week or so. And it is staying off.

Good luck!