Big dinner plans

Options
Ok, lots of times we have dinner plans that are half of my daily calories (or more). Anyone have any tips, tricks or food suggestions for the early part of the day? I have been doing better, but I still struggle to stay under my calorie goal when we have these kinds of dinners.

Replies

• dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water and eat comically large salads.
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would just workout more in advance.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I either work out or lower my calories the day before in anticipation of a big push of cals the next day.

I recently did have to lower my calories sun-thursday since Friday and Saturday I was pushing way over even my TDEE. So in essence, I was at maintaining for my calorie goal. Ha.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    large salads couyld hav e tons of calories depending on whats in them / can u find the menu of the place u are going on line and research menu options and calories?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    eat light before this meal
    and use this meal for the majority of your calories
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ok, lots of times we have dinner plans that are half of my daily calories (or more). Anyone have any tips, tricks or food suggestions for the early part of the day? I have been doing better, but I still struggle to stay under my calorie goal when we have these kinds of dinners.

Eat less at dinner. Quit planning those dinners. Etc.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I love to eat out and what I do is plan a light breakfast and dinner (I usually eat lunches out) and I'll take half the meal home for another day since we all know the portions served are over what we should be eating for the most part (your meals may vary of course, fish usually is correct portion size).

I try to pre plan my meals and leave some extra calories etc to play with at the end of the day in case something went over or I forgot to add something I ate earlier in the day.

Worse case scenario, eat it and work it off when you get home.....either way, tomorrow's another day, new slate.
  • smather0315
    smather0315 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I appreciate your support and ideas. :)