Brand new

Options
Hey-
I just started and could use a partner. My family calls me a cheer leader. I'll be yours if you'll help me. I have 40 pounds to loose. I'm new to this program but it seems user friendly and I hope it'll help me stay focused.. AND since MOST ask me "the_oma" Is, well Oma is, German for grandmother. Or that's what we called mine. And now that I have grands... I'm THE Oma. :)
But my name is Deb.

Replies

• ganyika
    ganyika Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey Oma Deb - Everyone can use a cheerleader - I'd be happy to be one for you! I have been on here for a bit over a month and am finding out that it is a bit easier than I thought, in a lot of ways. I've lost a few pounds - a start, anyway. I'd like to lose about 80-90 lbs, so I have a long way to go. But when I think back on how long it took to accumulate all that excess weight, spending a few years getting it off doesn't seem so scary. Keeping track of amounts and calories really shocked me at first and made me realize just how I gained so much weight! I found myself looking for "less expensive" foods, calorie-wise, so I am learning to make better food choices. So, Deb, if you want a cheering partner, let me know! And my name is Robin.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to MFP. I sent you a friend request. I log on daily to get support and give support. The more the better.
    43291 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well Hi there. Im very new to this too and im amazed ive already lost 6lb ! Im up for supporting you as much as I can. Good luck:-)