Help! I just can't stop eating!

Options
ambee0803
ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
I've started walking alot and the downside is that I get really hungry when I walk. Its especially bad at work. (I work at KFC) I have started walking 30 minutes to work and when I get there I am starved and cant seem to keep myself from munching on wedges and chicken strips all day. So I go way over my calories!

Replies

• ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've started walking alot and the downside is that I get really hungry when I walk. Its especially bad at work. (I work at KFC) I have started walking 30 minutes to work and when I get there I am starved and cant seem to keep myself from munching on wedges and chicken strips all day. So I go way over my calories!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Pack yourself a baggie of carrot sticks/celery?

KFC is gonna be tough because pretty much everything there is... erm.. not so good for you.
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Hey Ambee!

Try something different.. The roasted BLT salad is only 230 calories :).. It won't taste as good as the wedges.. or the strips.. but at least it's food. Definitely pack some healthy snacks as well. The first few days are the hardest. If you can survive them, it only gets easier!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    OH the food industry is hard...I had to quit my first food job wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day, because I couldn't stop eating...eeeek! I also ended up with bad skin from all the greeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

I don't know what to tell you other than good luck, it's a hard field to diet with! We are here for you though! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, open all night, drive fru! We're here!

I never understood how those skinny bishhhhes can work fast food??? I never looked like that! :huh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    You might also try drinking lots and lots of water, maybe that'll help give you a more full feeling.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I feel ya.. I hate it.. I work at olga's and am having a hard time too... I am fine till later in the day and IM starving i get an early break and i eat but by 6 im starving again... and i work till8. I drink lots of water... so GOOD LUCK OT YA.. maybe we should boycott our works food..lol
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Worked at Pizza Hut years ago, right after gaining 53 lbs while pregnant.

I brushed my teeth before I left for work, then as soon as I arrived. Before I allowed myself to eat anything, I had to brush my teeth or eat a mint.

Worked really well for me.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Since you know you are going to be starving you need to be prepared for it. Bring something with you that will satisfy you and within your calorie limits.
    There are tons of things that are portable and that are easy.

-veggies (already cut up)
    -fruit (already cup up)
    - 100 calorie packs ( so many to choose from there are cookies to crackers)
    - Nuts ( Planters has small baggies filled with different kind of nuts and some with small bits of chocolate in them even)
    -Trail mix
    -Yogurt
    -Also try sucking on a hard candy to keep your mouth occupied during work (if it's allowed)

Hope this helped and good luck.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Are you eating breakfast before you walk to work? I suggest a nice breakfast, 300-400 cals (depending on your daily net allowance) with protein & fiber. Good luck!
  • bayaderka
    bayaderka Posts: 53
    Options
    You definitely should pack a protein bar with you like a Balance Bar or Power Bar or something you can so easily pick up 7-11 or CVS.

Don't let the hunger control you, OF COURSE you can stop eating! Putting junk food in your mouth is not an involuntary function like your heart pumping blood.

Getting into shape is a lifestyle change, so if it is necessary, you should look for a job elsewhere.
    Why sell food that you wouldn't and shouldn't even eat? If you want to stay in the culinary industry, maybe try to look for a job that promotes healthy eating, like Wholefoods.
  • paris88
    paris88 Posts: 27
    Options
    Its hard! Try havinf a glass of water before you put food in your mouth, and drink it fast so it makes a feeling in your tummy. if you still wanna eat, write it down and the time. I did this before I started here and it help me identify trouble times and I was shocked at just how much I was eating and didnt realise. Im on day 5 here and the hungry feeling is starting to be diferent from the empty feeling in my tummy - if that makes sense? Best of luck
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about working in a restaurant!!! I serve at a steakhouse and it's really hard on a busy friday night, sometimes I wont be able to eat a real meal for 6-8 hrs!! I usually try to bring some whole grain granola bars or a healthy sandwich like tuna on whole grain or something
  • MommyWilson
    Options
    How about keeping your mouth occupied with gum? And if you pick a strong flavor you won't want it to mix with wedges or strips or anything else... yuck.