divorced people

Options
CheriLMT
CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
So yesterday was the first anniversary or non-anniversary I guess since my divorce last year. It would have been 7 years married...I still love him...someone please tell when does it get better or easier?

Replies

• Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    well I will respond!

It took me 2-1/2 years totally heal from my divorce. I regretted ending our marriage more for the kids, and the comfort of the marriage. I was married for 9 years, together for 13.

Now I am super happily married to an amazing man and that wouldn't have happened had I stayed comfortable so I have no regrets.

It will get better. I promise. :heart:
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I think that it depends on the person..... some people never get over it.... others..... just couple weeks or were over before they even got divorce
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    It gets easier when and if you fall in love with someone else. The recovery process that could take months or years, takes days when you are in love. For that to happen, you have to be open to love.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I always found it strange that when I left him I never once missed him. Not for even a day. It's like, by the time I was done, I was done completely. That's how I am though. I'll go a long time, and then bam... detached.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Took me about 3 years to get over it. Time is the only option.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone....I think I need more time..I sometimes say I want to be alone and then other times it would amazing to find a good man....not the rebound guy I dealt with awful nonsense already...but a man with a job and morals and a future
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hold out for Mr. Wonderful. It might take a while for him to find you, but it will be worth the wait. ((Hugs))
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The best way to get over a man is to get under a new one. So they say.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Don't compromise.
    I'd tell you my story, but it's a bore to most by now. I PROMISE you there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    And it's magnificent.
  • goalieguy1117
    Options
    I'd love to know been almost a year and still working on it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Been divorced (and single) for about 4 years and am happier now, then I ever was married.
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    For me it was fine straight off the bat, but there was no love there by the time my divorce was final. No hate either, just apathy. I throw myself a divorce-iversary party every year on the date the paperwork was finalized just because I'm happy to be out of a bad situation, and the actual wedding anniversary is just another day. Eventually things will get better; just hang in there.
  • jasmineconley
    jasmineconley Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    They say it takes half of the relationship to get over it. I've been divorced five years this summer. We get along perfectly when it's just the two of us but add a s.o. in and I want to kick him in the head. I personally wouldn't go from one relationship to another. I allowed that to happen to myself and I wound up resenting the guy because he was pushing so hard as he loved me and I didn't love him.