Paleo Diet

Anyone try the paleo diet? Veggies, fruit, protein and fat daily. Saw it on Dr. Oz today. Would like to try!

Replies

• My friend has an autoimmune disease and she feels so much better on the Paleo Diet.
  • I know someone who has done it she lost 15 lbs and her skin is looking awesome
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    ive done it since july. takes some getting used to, and im not 100 percent perfect with it, but as long as you are willing to eat lots of fats, veggies, and meats, it is awesome....

there is a paleo support board.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    I saw that too. Bump :smile:
  • ThatDamnRobyn
    ThatDamnRobyn Posts: 47 Member
    I recently tried a sugar detox that is basically paleo (no grains) but also no sugar. It was hell for me. Mostly because I love me some grains! Hot cereal, cold cereal, bread ... I was just miserable, personally. I didn't make it very far. But I know people who love the paleo life. Personally, I am of the belief that too much animal protein is not healthy. That's my opinion, but there are many others out there!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    There's a group on the site for those who support the Paleo lifestyle. Check it out, I'm sure you'll get tons of info and personal experiences from people doing it :)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Friend me.
  • SantaGinetta
    SantaGinetta Posts: 35 Member
    Thanks to all of you!
  • Betty_Canada
    Betty_Canada Posts: 85 Member
    Whelp, that does it. Paleo's jumped the shark. :) It's on Dr. Oz.

MarksDailyApple.com RobbWolf.com and NerdFitness.com are three great sites for paleo / primal eating.

There's even an app for that (PaleoCentral).

In short, eat what your great, great, great grandparents might have eaten. Unlikely there was a lot of potato chips involved. Might have been some homemade bread, probably stone ground whole wheat. Mostly though it was food from the ground or food that walked across the ground or food that grew above the ground.

If you couldn't chase it down, dig it up or pick it off, it likely isn't paleo.

=Betty=
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Whelp, that does it. Paleo's jumped the shark. :) It's on Dr. Oz.

MarksDailyApple.com RobbWolf.com and NerdFitness.com are three great sites for paleo / promal eating.

There's even an app for that (PaleoCentral).

In short, eat what your great, great, great grandparents might have eaten. Unlikely there was a lot of potato chips involved. Might have been some homemade bread, probably stone ground whole wheat. Mostly though it was food from the ground or food that walked across the ground or food that grew above the ground.

If you couldn't chase it down, dig it up or pick it off, it likely isn't paleo.

=Betty=

^^ This! I love Nerd Fitness! lol
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    I searched the message board for "paleo" and I ended up at nerd fitness.com. How did I not know that existed?!? Thanks!!
  • Selena0401
    Selena0401 Posts: 2 Member
    Been toying with the idea of going paleo. I did it once a long time ago, and I sort of went off and did my own thing. Now I'm back and I think I want to start up again. Any paleo people out there who can motivate me? Thanks for the support!
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    I've been Paleo for the past.....what.....3 years? Yeah. It all started with a website called www.marksdailyapple.com Completely changed my life. It took me a good 6 months of lurking his blog and reading all I could and even though I was fully convinced that grains were not for me I did not want to give them up (total mental thing for me). I finally gave in and did a 30 day Primal challenge (Paleo/Primal...only difference really being the issue of dairy). Three weeks into the challenge I messed up and had a cheeseburger. I paid dearly for that. From that moment on I did my best to avoid gluten. It was so, so hard at first, but now it's second nature. I don't even blink twice at a piece of bread. The smell makes me gag....literally, that sweet yummy smell of freshly baked bread is like the fish aisle in Fred Meyer we hated walking by. lol I'm not perfect, and really, Paleo is what YOU make of it. It's more of a template than anything. Eat what our ancestors ate (veggies, grass-fed beef, pastured chickens, nuts, seeds, fruit, lots of coconut).

If you want help or anything I have my diary open to friends so shoot me a friend's request. :)