How often do you work out?

Options
I was doing about 25 to 30 minutes of circuit training daily. I have now started running again and I have started out at 1.50 miles in about 14 minutes and then I do 25 minutes of circuit training. So, around 40 minutes of work out a day. When should I take a break for my body to rest? I would like to work out at least 6 days a week, but is it better to do 5?

Replies

• savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. You can do a recovery and have a rest day. I am doing Insanity right now so I am doing almost a hr of just that. I like to walk/jog also.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    8 Days a... I mean 7! 7 days a week!
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Like the previous poster, I'm also doing Insanity 6 times per week and walking/jogging. I always feel guilty on my recovery day though. So I might sneak in a moderate walk just to make myself happy.
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I usually run 4 times a week, and rest the others 3... Depends what do you want, and the intensity of your work out. When you rest your body is improving itself to better works later...
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I do yoga 4 nights a week, cardio and strength training 3 times a week and the 30day squat challenge. Squats aside, i take a break over the weekend, mainy because I'd rather go for outings with the kids so it's light exercising.xx
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 days a week, and on my "rest" days, I go for walks. It's lower impact and still allows my body to recover, but also still burns calories. Like others, I feel guilty for doing nothing on "off" days lol.
  • Lori0534
    Lori0534 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the I put!!! When I don't exercise I am always moving anyway. I have a 4 year old and 19 mo th old so we are running, lifting, swinging, etc. daily! I've been told you need to let your body recover for a day or two a week, but I am with y'all in that it makes me feel guilty!!!
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Everyday.
    Esp when I have work dinners and eat 150$ worth of steak and booze. That tends to kill my calories lol.
  • Ashleigh0124
    Options
    I work out at the gym 6 days a week. Mon, Weds and Fri I do 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of strength/weight training. Tues, Thurs and Sat I do an hour of cardio. Sunday is my rest day - this is while I'm doing a 12 week challenge, once the 12 weeks is over I'm planning on working out Mon-Fri and resting or doing light-moderate outdoor excersize on weekends.
  • PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do cardio EVERY day. 45 - 60 minutes. I know I am supposed to rest or whatever...but I do it because I am a type A crazy stress person and if I don't do cardio, I am unpleasant and unhappy. Endorphins make me delightful.

I take hot yoga 3 times a week for strength training, sometimes 4. IfI can squeeze it in, I do. :) Sometimes if I take a 90 minute Bikram class instead of my usual 60 or 75 minute hot vinyasa class, I cut the cardio to 30 mins.
  • daraphoo83
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week. I run about 3 miles 3-4 days per week, and am doing the 30 day shred Mon-Sat. Sundays are technically my day off, except that I play in a kickball league that day. So I am still getting a little workout in there.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessive and addicted to the rush of sweating and moving. I do something everyday. Pilates, yoga, walking, boot camp, hard cardio, weights. I love it all and feel sluggish if I miss a day, which only happens about 2x a month. Bad? Maybe, but I love it. And I sleep well...
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I find depends on how hard/intense the workouts are. I work out 5-6 days/week - and have a rest day and an "easy" day - so nothing special or intense
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 6 days a week. Day 7 isn't rest. It's been 2+ hours of gardening for the last few weeks. I only do 30-40 minutes each and i'm looking to up that number.
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    45-60min on the elliptical, 6 days a week. 15min on the other day :)