Motivate me to run

Options
HX: used to be running (got up to 8-12 miles 3-4x a week last year) then got burned out and stopped and gained 25 lbs and my endurance...AH!@B#HU4JGRBBL

Replies

• aronao
    aronao Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to find another kind of exercise you enjoy.
  • Ashleigh0124
    Options
    Oh, I've had a really similar experience! I was running like a maniac then I got quite sick and had to stop. I'm no where near where I used to be, but I've started walking and using the elliptical trainer to get my fitness levels and endurance back up. The elliptical is working great. You could try interval training run, walk, run, walk. Or, try slowing the pace of your run. Good luck, unfortunately it's just one of those things that takes time!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Go run.
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You know what got me running again? I signed up for a 10k and started training for it. It got me motivated to get out there and run my butt off.
    At first, I wanted to die.
    Now, the harder and longer I run, the more I want to keep going. And the more I love it.
    Spring is here, summer's around the corner. Get out there and feel the warm air on your face. Unless it's cold where you live. In which case I say get off your butt and do it anyway!
    I live in Canada, guy. We had snow last weekend. I still ran.
    You can do it :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I have this app called Zombies run! 5k trainer its so funny makes me want to run lol best 1.99 ever
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Kevin, go move your fat lazy *kitten*!
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    haha thanks guys - I just ran 1.5 miles then walked 1.3... Im feeling high right now - I think the runners high is gonna get me addicted :) But yeah it sucks so bad I used to run freakin 8-13 miles... tip to everyone: NEVER STOP RUNNING!
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Hehe you're in my boat! Yeah it wasnt that bad actually... starting is the hardest part
    Oh, I've had a really similar experience! I was running like a maniac then I got quite sick and had to stop. I'm no where near where I used to be, but I've started walking and using the elliptical trainer to get my fitness levels and endurance back up. The elliptical is working great. You could try interval training run, walk, run, walk. Or, try slowing the pace of your run. Good luck, unfortunately it's just one of those things that takes time!
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Go run! I have been injured and unable to run for two years ( now I swim only using arms) but still dream about running feeling light and fast!
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    NEVER STOP RUNNING!

<3.
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    Want me to throw you in a cage with some lions? :D
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I can't motivate you. It comes from within.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    well, when I was in my teens and was getting fat, my tough-love mentality parents would just sow some spiced up sausage to my pants and release the neighbors mean doggie. That was a good motivation to run...
  • maurobono78
    Options
    Try to watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHNyzTUKuNA

If at 60 he could run and win a race like that, considered the hardest one in the world, you, like me and others, can wake up in the morning or whenever you want during the day and run a 5k, a 10k or the distance you want. Take your time, but do it. Run!
  • Montarosa456
    Options
    If you stop and take a rest for a few weeks at burn out that's okay...
    But the runners high comes back (like you experienced) and over time your mileage will come back, I took a break and really regretted it but now I don't look back I just run forwards!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    the man that fell down at the finish line during the Boston Marathon bombines was 82. 82 years old and he was running a marathon. I think about this every time I want to stop.
  • Sonjalalala
    Sonjalalala Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    the man that fell down at the finish line during the Boston Marathon bombines was 82. 82 years old and he was running a marathon. I think about this every time I want to stop.

I love this :)