I'm hungry a lot for some reason.

Options
Hello there, I'm trying to lose weight, but when I eat a proportional healthy meal, i'm immediately hungry. I feel hungry all day, and after I eat any diet meal I'm still hungry. Sometimes, I end up overeating because I feel hungry. Is anyone else having this problem? I need some guidance. Also, when I try to exercise, I feel slightly fatigue before i start. I need serious help, and I would gradually appreciate some help.

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating in day? How much water are you drinking? How much exercise are you doing? You say 'diet' meal, can you give an example (or open your food diary to public?) How fast do you eat?
  • mel3491
    mel3491 Posts: 31
    Options
    Look at your food diary- are you eating enough protein to keep you satisfied? I know it doesn't work for everyone but I am doing Adkins and it took about 3 days to lose the 'sugar' and 'white bread cravings. Now I am feeling great and couldn't tell you the last time I felt a hunger pain!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Look up Leangains intermittant fasting. It might be of help to you. I've just started doing the 16/8 fast so I eat dinner at night then skip breakfast then can eat all the way till dinner time again. Repeat. I love this because I don't really care for breakfast that much anyway and I get to eat bigger meals later in the day when I do eat.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm the kind of person that definitely enjoys the quantity of food, and snacking. I've learned to fill myself with tons of fruits and veggies, as well as balance my protein and fat without going way over on my calories. I've added protein shakes, I drink a TON of water (warm water when I'm trying to control my hunger for a bit longer). My diary is open if you'd like to see what I am eating.

That said, we have no idea what you eat.
  • losethatfatgirly
    Options
    can I have a list of protein foods? Also an example of one of my meals is grilled or baked chicken, salad with w/ no dressing and small fruit salad. Also, I haven't been drinking much water. I should buy some. That's probably one of the key things why. I do drink lots of tea, and orange juice. In the mornings I eat a small bowl of cheerios with lactaid organic low fat milk, an apple or pear, and orange juice. I eat 1355 calories, and sometimes 1455 calories or a little above or below either one. I don't count as much calories, ever single day, but most days thats how my calorie intake is.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Try to get more veggies too, along with more water. Water helps keep you feeling full and the veggies fill you up with very little calories. I tend to get hungrier after fruit (the sugar, I'm sure), but veggies? Awesome.
  • losethatfatgirly
    Options
    Thank for the help! I actually don't feel much hungry if drink a bottle or two before i eat. I've actually lost five more pounds since.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day?
  • ontheregimen
    Options
    I would also be curious to know your daily caloric intake (as well as your macros if you have an idea).

Some general advice - because even when diet is on point for fat loss, you can still be hungry at times:

1. If you are hungry between meals, chug 20oz of water

2. Chew sugar free gum to take the edge off

3. Get good, adequate sleep

Update us on the cals though
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My tips:
    -Hydrate yourself. Drink water, diet drinks, crystal lite...
    -Eat protein and complex carbs
    -Get some light healthy snacks
    -Eat small but frequent meals