How do YOU get rid of cravings?

Options
What's your go-to to get rid of those unhealthy food cravings? I'm curious! :smile:

Replies

• cjpembo
    cjpembo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    High Protein "Fudge" Bars

8 scoops chocolate protein powder
    1 cup whole grain rolled oats
    6 Tbs natural peanut butter
    3 Tbs honey
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1/4 cup slivered almonds

Mix well: it is very stiff, so add a tiny bit more milk if needed. Form into 10 servings and refridgerate.

218 Cals
    19 Protein
    15 Carbs
    10 Fat
    2 Sat Fat
    44 Chol
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    working out always takes away my cravings. if it's too late to workout then i drink a glass of almond milk - chocolate. it usually fills me up. or i have a 60 cal chocolate pudding. my cravings are usually due to mental and actual hunger.
    if i'm still craving it after that, then i let myself have it. but only if it fits in my calorie goal or wont send me over too much.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Waffles.

tumblr_mlhpio6JNj1so191no1_250.gif
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options

Ditto... But add bacon and chocolate.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    A cup of tea for me works well or brushing my teeth
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Giving in is actually a great strategy sometimes! When I want chocolate, there's nothing but chocolate that will satisfy me!
  • 3nchantress
    Options
    Most of the time just ignoring it works - they go away. Sometimes, I just gotta give in and treat myself too. I'm not a big fan of self-denial.
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my calorie goal, I eat what I crave.. It keeps me from binging and I no longer have a craving..
  • BlessedOne2019
    BlessedOne2019 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with giving in...sometimes, my cravings are just that. A craving. if I can eat something healthy, and it will go away, I'm good. But there are times, when the chocolate just has to be ate! Only, these days, I will only eat 1/4 to 1/2 of the whole serving rather than throwing down on the whole thing or even 2 or 3!
  • cacleghorn
    cacleghorn Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Ditto... But add bacon and chocolate.

Hahahaha, I love this!
  • psychedelicfrenzy
    psychedelicfrenzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Waffles.

Dude, they way you are with waffles is how I am with sushi. Haha
    (and anything japanese...shhh)
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I honestly give in. For myself, if I don't give in to the cravings, I'll have it the craving until I eat the food I want. One bad meal isn't going to make me gain. I am not a role model for losing weight (not sure if my diary is public or not) but I've been losing weight and I've been eating pizza. (my craving)
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Sometimes water works for me.. If not, if your within you cals for the day, go for it... If not, u decide if it's worth the splurge... :wink:
  • Rarasjourney
    Options
    Waffles.

Dude, they way you are with waffles is how I am with sushi. Haha
    (and anything japanese...shhh)

When I want some sugary goodness, this LOOOKS good. Time for another kiwi.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Waffles, butter, syrup... Bacon...oh my!
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Drink at least 16 ounces of water. Drink 16 more. Eat an apple. By the time I'm done with the apple I'm so darn full the cravings are long gone.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a chocolate granola bar or special k chocolate crisps or skinny cow ice creams instead :) I'm always happy with my low cal treat :bigsmile:
  • Kindone
    Kindone Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I typically try to find a way to work the craving in. If i was craving a big fat juicy cheeseburger, I might take a bite of my kids' burger or have half of a patty served with a gigantic salad etc. I am learning that utter denial isn't going to work for me. Eating great 99% of the time does.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I am of the mentality that there aren't any unhealthy foods (Unless you're planning on chugging NaOH because that IS unhealthy). What I do know is that many foods aren't worth the calories in terms of taste vs. nutrition. So like soda is generally something I tend to avoid.

When I have cravings for such things, I learned that I will eventually endup eating/drinking them anyways except that I will likely chug it down in larger quantities (AKA binging) and that is a worse for me. So I usually just try and make room in my diary for said unhealthy foods and go from there. Don't have enough calories? Workout and get some room for them. Don't wanna workout? Just eat it today and eat fewer calories tomorrow or just eat it tomorrow.

Now, I have noticed another thing. When I workout vigorously and regularly, I tend to crave sugar less and less. Something about a chemical being released that is similar to satisfying sugar cravings I read. Hope these help :)