BodyMedia Fit LINK

Options
I am seriously considering buying one. Does anyone else have one? Do you like it?

Replies

• AllThatWeightlossJazz
    Options
    Or do you have a fitbit? What do you think of that?
  • tneedham78
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Core and I love it. It really helped me understand my actual calorie burned against the calorie consumed. :love:
  • AllThatWeightlossJazz
    Options
    Thanks for the reply
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit - it is very motivating. Gives me a good idea of how much I'm moving, syncs w/MFP and several rewards sites (as does the BodyMedia). I really like it.

I like the idea of the BodyMedia but i'm far too self-conscious to wear a giant device strapped to my arm every day.
  • AllThatWeightlossJazz
    Options
    I was curious about how annoying it is
  • livinglife19
    livinglife19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have bodymedia link and I'm sending it back to try the core, I noticed when I'm at the gym the link does not Give accurate calorie burn when I link it to my IPhone . I would like to try the fit bug or fit bit but I haven't heard much about it.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit Core and really like it. I never believed the websites about what my TDEE should be plus every day isn't consistant. I feel more confident I'm eating enough. I really like the sleep tracker. I knew I wasn't sleeping well but now I know how bad it is lol. I can also tell which parts of my workouts are the most helpful. Also as Ready2Rock206 says its annoying if you are self conscious as I am also about it because everybody will ask what it is. I scared my boss and family with it cause they thought I had a health condition :\. The only other downside is that you have to pay to get your data, but with all the other ones I looked at I didn't feel like they would be as accurate as the BodyMedia Fit would be.
  • AllThatWeightlossJazz
    Options
    So the core is the same thing, except you have to remove it and link it to the computer to input the info? Right?
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So the core is the same thing, except you have to remove it and link it to the computer to input the info? Right?

That's right.

ETA: The link is a bit bigger.
  • TTLByJackie
    TTLByJackie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The LINK is notorious for not syncing like it should with phones. Which is why I'm glad I have the Core. You can buy a little watch-type thing that will sync with it and show you your numbers if you REALLY want to see them.
  • AllThatWeightlossJazz
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I think I might just go with the core then
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend BodyMedia!

I bought FitBit first. When I took it home, it wouldn't sync to my Macbook Pro. I went to the store, and they couldn't get it to work either, We tried a second FitBit incase the other one was faulty. The problem still existed. Others I've talked to haven't had this issue, but it was so frustrating that I'll never attempt purchasing from FitBit again.

Then I discovered BodyMedia and fell in love. It's even better than what FitBit offers! It tracks much more and with better accuracy, such as calories in and out, steps, amount of sleep vs. just laying down, etc. It uses science to calculate the data, whereas the FitBit using Wii technology. So, the FitBit is more like a pedometer, in my opinion. BodyMedia tracks everything, even when you are just sitting at your desk burning a small amount of calories.

I've used my BodyMedia for almost two months now. It's helped me tremendously stay motivated and lose weight. My first week, I lost 7 lbs with it! Here is a demo of everything it tracks: http://www.bodymedia.com/Products/Learn-More/How-it-works

I use MyFitnessPal to track my food and BodyMedia to track my exercise and sleep. BodyMedia offers a food database to track food, but I find that MyFitnessPal is much better. You can sync both accounts together so that the food and exercise display the same numbers on both sites.

You can sync your BodyMedia data with reward sites such as EarndIt and EveryMove. For so much exercise, you gain points. Then you use these points to get rewards (healthy food, exercise items, charity donations, etc). These sites also work with FitBit.

The only downfall about BodyMedia is it's an ugly grey armband, while the FitBit is a cute little device that can be hidden in a pocket. The BodyMedia device can be hidden under the sleeve of a shirt. I wish it was more attractive!

Overall, I recommend BodyMedia and feel like it would really help you lose weight. :)
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the link and it doesn't sync to my phone which is annoying so I have to connect it to my laptop every night to get my info. I don't mind the armband being big and obvious. The only people who have asked about it are people I told that I was buying it. I have worn it in public and nobody said anything. I think I was wearing it too tightly because it started to irritate my skin so make sure to leave it at a comfortable spot.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have the Core and wear ir tucked into the side of my bra for the majority of the time. I wear it on my arm when I exercise and when I sleep. The difference in readings is marginal if at all. I wore it on my arm for a while when I first got it though. I love that it syncs with MFP and was surprised at how many calories that I burn on a daily basis. You don't have to starve to lose weight.
  • livinglife19
    livinglife19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well I just sent my Bluetooth bodymedia back, because after all the trouble shooting,I still could not get my calories burned to link to my iPhone in live time, but I liked the armband an all that it can do, they are sending me the core armband with display instead, I hope this works better. Even though I had a few tech issues, I still feel overall it is the best device on the market.
  • kristinhw16
    Options
    I have the body media and I love love love it!!!! It gives me realistic goals and gives me my TDEE....I never knew what I burned total in a day to figure out how much to eat:happy: and a calorie deficit goal! My deficit is set to 750 so I monitor that and have an idea of how much more to eat when I work out. I have the core and sinc it to my computer with a USB....Good luck!! Well worth the money!!
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit One and LOVE it. It is the one that also tracks stairs and sleep, so it is a bit bigger. I am so used to it now I forget I have it on. I keep it in my pocket (attached to the pocket) and my husband wears his on his underwear. He too doesn't even notice it anymore.

I find myself looking at my FB results every morning. Wearing it at night is not a problem either as I got used to that right away too.

We have had them since November and have no problems with them at all.

The One also syncs with MFP and will adjust my calories burned if I do a lot of walking (around 10k steps triggers that).
  • dj7879
    dj7879 Posts: 22
    Options
    I have a link and have never had any issues with it syncing. I sync it numerous times a day. I have it synced to MFP also and when I sync it automatically adjust my calories on MFP. That's why I sync so much. One of the best things I have ever bought.
  • galvestongal
    galvestongal Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have a Link and LOVE IT. I had a couple issues with not syncing but BodyMedia tech support fixed it all up and I have not had any issue since.
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have the link for about a month. If you decide to buy it look around for deals. Sometimes they often promotions. I bought mine at Costco and they give you a year subscription free with purchase.

I have also had a fitbit and liked okay but lost it.

I think the link gives you so much more useful information. It gives you hints and tips as to move more. It gives you a real idea of what your burn versus what you eat. It is really a helpful tool. I would definitely recommend it.

If you want/need any further information. Send me a note. I would be happy to help.

I do really like it though. I did have the same reservations as you did in the beginning but so glad I bought it.