Weight not coming off fast enough DO NOT GIVE UP

Options
I just wanted to put this out there. I see so many people on here and everywhere else saying I have been eating great and working out for a couple weeks and I am not losing enough weight. Well I am here to tell you, we are not on the Biggest Loser and will not rock out huge numbers of weight loss every week. It took years to put the weight on so it "can" (some are different) to take it back off. I have been working at this for six plus years and it does not happen overnight. Which to me is a good thing because for me now all of this eating good and working out is a way of life and I have kept off 25+ pounds for years now. I still have my last 10 to go but it will come off maybe not next week but it will eventually. DO NOT GIVE UP, ITS A CHANGE FOR LIFE NOT A MONTH :)

Replies

• mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with this.

People also need to realize they didn't put all that weight on in a short period of time so how can they expect to lose it in a few weeks or a month.

This is a lifestyle change, not a diet, view it as a marathon not a sprint.
  • jjkale
    jjkale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    nicely said. I agree, it is not a diet but a lifestye change. Way to go with the weight loss. Wonderful
  • EOHerrera
    EOHerrera Posts: 45
    Options
    Actually, yes, I did put all mine on in a matter of months - less than 18 months actually. But the chances of me taking it off as quickly as I can gain it is very unlikely. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat/ IF ONLY I could lose it as fast as I can gain it, I would be ecstatic!! It takes me two to three times longer to lose it - if not more - and that sucks!! It has taken me over 3 months to lose 11 pounds. I can gain those same 11 pounds in a month!
  • Robin_Anne
    Options
    This is a good thing for me to remember. :happy:
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Agree with her ^ ...I put on +25 lbs in 5 mos...ready for it to go BYE BYE!! Staying positive though. .. sticking to a good diet and decent calorie range (1800) and 5 day a week jillian Michaels dvd workouts! I will succeed.I know my body doesn't want this extra weight and I don't have the $$ to buy a new wardrobe
  • AdeleFisk
    AdeleFisk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great advice as I have kept off 22 KG but I slip up and down and it does get frustrating not to get momentum. That was a great reminder that it is for life and to give yourself the space and time to get there :smile:
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    Thank you! I have to remember this as well. I've only lost between 0.5-1 pound for the last couple weeks, and though I know some of it is my food choices (I'm still working on them, as it's the hardest part for me), I also know it's not just gonna come off overnight. I am down 11 pounds in two months, though, which is still something to be proud of. I regret getting this way, but I am hoping that with continued hard work, I get it all off and keep it off! Besides, I tell myself I am losing at a healthy pace rather than doing anything extreme, which could have worse consequences.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I keep having to tell myself this. I have been in a plateau for 7 months, and THOUGHT I broke it, but I still haven't lost any more for a few weeks now. BUT! I know that what I'm doing is basically right (need to clean up my diet a bit, but that's doable) so I just have to keep trying.

Thank you for this post!
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder, because it's easy to forget, get frustrated and think that it will never happen. When I look at my past weight loss logs, and yes unfortunately I have them; I only lost 0-3 lbs per week at a time and that was usually over a years worth of time.
  • Thinknight
    Thinknight Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, im on my last 2kgs and they have been a struggle, no matter what i do this month, the scales will not go down. You are right though, its not just this month its forever into the future, Thank you for the reminder I was honestly losing my resolve :flowerforyou:
  • skoecher45
    skoecher45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just knowing that the scale isn't on a steady upward climb is a plus for me even if it doesn't move in either direction for awhile. I've only recently joined this site but I firmly believe much of my weight gain (or loss) at this point has to do with choices and I'm determined to make the right ones from now on. That doesn't mean I have to starve and deprive myself but I'm going to stay on this site and communicate with others who are struggling with the same issues as me. I will not give up!!!
  • Bjoyz
    Bjoyz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder. I have to tell myself this every day. The trials will be worth the results.

Plus, isn't a slow loss a more sustainable loss?