Need more protein ideas

Options
I can really only handle one protein drink a day. (I like to eat my food, not drink it.) Can you give me some tried and true high protein/no carb sources. I typically eat eggs for breakfast every day.
Thanks.

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with beans!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Cheese, beans, greek yogurt, meat, fish.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Kangaroo meat. Leaner than chicken breast!
  • rachelprogress
    rachelprogress Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    0% fat Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Great to mix with things savory or sweet. Or just sweeten with a bit of Stevia (or sweetener of choice) and pop in the freezer for a tart frozen yogurt!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Meat, Chicken, Fish, if it had a mother, it's all protien (and fat) no carbs! I don't own any protien powder and I'm always over on protien. I take this to be a good thing!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Venison is high protein and low fat. turkey sausage is good for breakfast, jerky is good, but high in sodium
  • nickiebu
    nickiebu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, Planters nut-trition packs (10 g of protein), Nature Valley chewy protein bars
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I mix a scoop of protein powder in to a cup 1% or fat free cottage cheese and eat it with berries. It makes the cottage cheese taste WAY better, and its a TON of protein (25-30g for the protein powder, another 24-30 for the cottage cheese)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Here is a great link to another thread that lists tons of protein sources. I get all of my protein from food....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Why so much meat and dairy in this post? lol Try...Tempeh! 1 cup is 31g of P and 16 of Carbs...Not zero but hey the protein is HIGH!!!1
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Why so much meat and dairy in this post? lol Try...Tempeh! 1 cup is 31g of P and 16 of Carbs...Not zero but hey the protein is HIGH!!!1

Because it's soooo good! I'm not anti veg protien, but grilled lean meat just tastes so amazing!
  • chrisshouse
    chrisshouse Posts: 17 Member
    Options

You are going to have to tell me that Tempeh is? :laugh: And can you tell me where to buy it? How to make it? Is it tofu?
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese is great, Salmon, or Almonds :)
  • cutemisty5
    Options
    I used to love Tempeh until I accidentally ate some that was off (realised half way through my stir-fry that the tempeh was slimy, grey and had a funny smell) now whenever I see some I feel sick. There's no way I could eat it now! :-(
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I can really only handle one protein drink a day. (I like to eat my food, not drink it.) Can you give me some tried and true high protein/no carb sources. I typically eat eggs for breakfast every day.
    Thanks.

High protein, no carb?

Flesh.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Beans, seeds, nuts, grains, yogurt, cottage cheese, tofu, or consider another protein shake but add fruit to make it a Smoothie with tea or juice.