Mini break location ideas for my 30th

Options
CookieGem
CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
Hi guys,

So i am 30 in three weeks and I am trying to find somewhere to go to celebrate in Britain with my fiance.

I am thinking of a cabin with a hot tub near a lake or the beach but I am open to suggestions. Possibly close enough to somewhere we can go for a nice meal and sight see a little oh and doesn't cost the earth!

Can anyone recommend anywhere they have been that's really nice.

Thank you xx

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i don't know where you live, but when i was there we used to hire a house for a few nights in the middle of wales. there are some really nice places out that way. monmouth is a pretty little place, abergavenny is nice, and anything that begins with 'Ll......' is usually a winner! it depends how far you're wanting to travel. there's some nice spots in scotland. cornwall is beautiful. i can definitely recommend hiring a house for a few nights, but can't remember the name of the site we used to hire from.

ETA- just seen you're in York- so what about harrogate, newcastle (or rural suburbs), berwick upon tweed?
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Checkout WWW.underthethatch.co.uk
  • 3319jane
    3319jane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Depends where you want to be and whether you want facilities etc, but we have just come back from Willowfield Lake Cottages in Devon and it was great - website is www.sauntonsandscottages.co.uk.

If you check out the last review in trip advisor for Willowfield Lake Cottages, it is mine!!

Have fun, where ever you go :)

Jx
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I live near Windsor and you've got the castle there, Eton, the river, lots of lovely restaurants, bars and hotels.
  • CookieGem
    Options
    Thanks guys. Any more ideas please eep them coming x
  • CookieGem
    Options
    Seriously some of you must have been somewhere magical that you could recommend. ..
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    What about the lakes, centre parcs, a cottage in scotland (Glencoe is stunning)