Fast beats for running/working out

Options
I like really upbeat music. Pop, R&B and Rock/Britpop usually works best for my work outs. I'm looking for suggestions because my usual 25 song playlist is getting pretty old. What works for you? How often do you update your gym playlist? Do you have playlists for specific things (running and weight training, etc)?

Replies

• triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to a free podcast. It's called PODRUNNER and they have the beats per minute listed in the name of each track. They also do intervals music where the bmp changes throughout the track . I have an automatic download subscription on iTunes. If you use something else for your music the website is here: http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to a free podcast. It's called PODRUNNER and they have the beats per minute listed in the name of each track. They also do intervals music where the bmp changes throughout the track . I have an automatic download subscription on iTunes. If you use something else for your music the website is here: http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html

i've never heard of podrunner - but it sounds awesome! i'm definitely going to check it out.

i find a lot of Damian Marley jams have good running beats, and always wanna make me stop running and skank to his music too! lol - whatta mental image. I use pandora, which is pretty awesome. but the ads are getting ridiculous for the "free" version. although they only allot something like 40 hours of free music play/month - and i always go over that, which only incurs a charge of $0.99 at that but point, but still a pain in the butt.

but yeah! music + running is awesome! :drinker:
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I honestly heard the best ever workout tune from YouTube that would benefit all fitness related personel ... Search on YouTube 'true hardstyler' by Dj zealot and Brooklyn ... (Forgot his last name) but the the in the verse really gets your mind jumping!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Depends what i'm doing. For distance running i like the chemical brothers. for intervals i prefer the prodigy. for weights i quite like silence.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later :)
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    RIHANNA - Unapologetic

BEYONCE - Diva
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The Gogos ! We got the beat, really great song with a beat that sets your pace ! Also, single ladies by beyonce (duh!) even though the hand gestures tend to make you look like an idiot ( but who cares ! ) and for a first song, the kind that sets the pace gently is the glee version of Hairspray's You can't stop the beat