I need to get back on track!

Options
I was on here before, active and motivated, and lost 2 kg's pretty quickly. Then family things happened, I lost track of things and I kind of just let things go all together which meant I gained weight again. But now my family issues have been dealt with I want to get back on track and lose the weight again. I have been trying hard but finding that I cannot bring myself to acctually log anything online, and not losing any real weight, or inches... I could really use some motivation and support. And ofcourse I will return the favor :)

Replies

• Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You're half way there just by being back on MFP. Motivate yourself by reading the success stories every morning. They are people, just like you. They are doing it so why can't you?!

I think weight loss is a 50% head game. You tell yourself you'll succeed and your body will follow, as long as you do the necessary steps to get yourself there (eating right, exercising, tracking your food intake).

Good luck :smile:
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I love quotes the keep me on track

"Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Earl Nightingale :)

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

I hope some of these help

btw anyone can addme
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply guys, I appreciate it :)

I bought myself a magic bullet 2 weeks ago and have been making amazing fruit smooties every day to upp my fruit intake, and they stop the cravings for sweet snacks.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I love dates for sweet cravings.

I'm in a similar boat as you trying to get back on track after taking some time away from weight loss to deal with other things.

Sometimes, I have to play the "just 5 minutes" game with myself. As in tell myself "Okay, fine, you don't want to be at the gym today, that's cool. Just do 5 minutes on the elliptical and then you can go home." It's worked every time. After about 5 minutes, I feel like going longer and it snowballs from there.
  • Cloud1584
    Cloud1584 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you until I was surfing around online and found some before and after photos of people who had successfully lost weight. Helped to motivate me knowing if they were able to do it, so could I!
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love dates for sweet cravings.

I'm in a similar boat as you trying to get back on track after taking some time away from weight loss to deal with other things.

Sometimes, I have to play the "just 5 minutes" game with myself. As in tell myself "Okay, fine, you don't want to be at the gym today, that's cool. Just do 5 minutes on the elliptical and then you can go home." It's worked every time. After about 5 minutes, I feel like going longer and it snowballs from there.

I try and do the same at home as we have got an elliptical trainer at home :)
  • ruby142
    ruby142 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have a very similar story I just got back on here after 3 months of not doing anything you can add me for support...Good luck :flowerforyou: