why I started my weight loss journey

Options
kalika47
kalika47 Posts: 23 Member
I am 66 years old, and retired from teaching 2 years ago. At that time I weighed 142 lbs. (5'4"). During my entire life, I have never been concerned about what I ate or drank, or how much, and always hovered between 125-135 lbs. Since my retirement however, my lifestyle changed drastically and I became very sedentary, especially in the winter months, and the weight kept building up, until I reached 160 lbs. In January of this year I embarked on ''purging' my house of unnecessary stuff, eventually getting to my drawers and closet. I ended up with a pile of 17 pair of jeans and pants that I was going to donate to the local thrift shop. ...and these were mostly pants from my career days- good stuff. And then, I had a change of heart - Damn it!, I thought. I am going to fit into these again. And so, on January 14th I started with cutting out all the bad carbs and snacking in front of the TV. I am down to 141 lbs. and am aiming for 135 ...and fit into all those pants and shorts! Yesterday I DID make a donation to the thrift store - of the few pair of pants I bought in the past year.

Replies

• walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Woohoo. Doing well.

Great news. Great attitude !
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story. You show that it's never too late to get the body that's desired.
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    Great job. You're living the mantra "age ain't nothing but a number". I got the same bug on Apr 1. My closet is full of nice things that I will get back into. Thanks for the inspiration. You're showing me that I just have to keep persevering.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!