16 weeks in and I have lost my 5 year old :-)

Options
Darmanin
Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
I started the weight loss on the 1st Jan. And after 9 weeks I had lost 15kilos, the equivalent of my almost 3 year old.

Then by the end of March I had lost 20 kg

Now 16 weeks into this I have lost 25 kilos, just over the same amount as my 5 year old. (for those who don't do kilos, it's about 55 pounds)

Hoping to make 30 kilos by around the middle of May... and hopefully 40kg by the 2nd week of july. Well that's the goal anyway. Will see how it goes.

Replies

• SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is both awesome and inspiring!
  • sabbrown40
    Options
    That is incredible. Please share some of your dietary trends and what types of exercies you have been doing. Keep up the great work.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    well done Darmanin

you are amazing!!!!!

thank you somuch for sharing with us all

keep up the great work
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That is incredible. Please share some of your dietary trends and what types of exercies you have been doing. Keep up the great work.

Yes! Please!
  • sylviekelly
    Options
    Thank you your an inspiration to us all
  • mccoysusan21
    Options
    That is amazing!! Congratulations :) keep up the great work:happy:
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!! Great job!
  • kathheen
    kathheen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow thats amazing! Well done you x
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Keep it up and love your sense of humor! Congrats :)
  • here2bme
    here2bme Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Yes! Please!

I would love to hear some of the changes you have made also! Great job!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You must be on cloud 9 :tongue:
    Luv your story.:flowerforyou:
  • TinaL99
    TinaL99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful and a great way to compare the weight loss! I can't wait to lose my 3-year-old! ;)
  • jordansh1961
    Options
    That is great. I started in Jan and have only lost 14lbs. Whooo feel free to add me and give me a few tips. Again great job, Im sure you will have no problem reaching your goal.
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the lovely replies :-)

For the couple of you that asked ....

I starting by cutting out the soft drink as I was drinking 2 litres of coke a day some days. And stopped the chips and chocolate. I have an intolerance to corn that took a while to figure out so I have spent the last 15 years with what I thought was IBS, then 2 years ago it got so bad I couldn't go to work. Eventually I figured out it was corn. Now I have cleaned up my diet it's much better (other than the KFC burger I had for dinner tonight :devil: , but the difference is now it's just the burger and a couple of chips and thats all ... compared to a burger and wings and a whole large chips and a coke and gravy which it used to be)

I started with walking in the mornings to work. I get off the train a stop earlier and walk into the office which takes just over 30 mins. (walking fast enough to sweat)
    I go to the gym twice a week with a couple of friends after the kids go to bed for 60 to 90 mins at a time doing a combination of cardio and weights. I just met with the PT 2 weeks ago as I was just 'winging' it before then and hurt my lower back, the PT has sorted out a program for me and my level and I am sweating a LOT more now I'm using everything correctly. LOL

I use the "workout trainer app" on my phone at night after the kids go to bed once to three nights a week, purchased a stationary bike for home and my husband got me dumbbells for my birthday. There is a lot of exercises you can do just on your lounge room floor and a couple of soup tins if you don't want to spend the money. The app is free and you can do it infront of the TV, I find it good because it keeps me going. If I had to do it on my own I would end up stopping earlier thinking I've had enough, so it is helping :-)

With the food, just less packaged food and more fresh as I can't eat it because it makes me crook (they all contain corn) and having smaller portions and drinking nothing but green tea and water ... and the occasional fresh juice I make at home.
    Mostly have museli with yoghurt for breaky with frozen berries. ....

I spent years with the 'quick' fixes but it's all crap. It's just making the decision to have a healthier life style and putting in the hard work.
  • rukshik
    rukshik Posts: 1
    Options
    wow! Congrats
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! I actually just lost my skinny little 9 year old at 65 lbs myself! :-)
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Wow!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    I need to lose my brother, who is about 80-90 lbs.
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look so good! Great job, keep it up! I use my grandaughters, as well, to show how much I've lost. I'm now in between the 5 and 3 year old. But always look at the 3 year old and think, I use to have her weight on my back every day!? How did I get around???
    Yesterday, I was able to sit on the floor and cross my legs, Indian style. Haven't been able to do that in, I can't remember how long.
    It's a good feeling, isn't it? My wish for you is to keep losing and keep it off forever! Congratulations.
  • vondabridges
    Options
    wow SUPER
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!