5'7" 26/f- sw:350 gw:150. Any one with similar stats/goals?

Options
I posted in another forum but with not much luck... So here goes nothing!

I am a 26 yr old female who is 5'7", no kids, who's going to lose at least 200 pounds. I started MFP on 3/21 ( 3...2....1...GO!) and all I'm doing is counting calories, not following any sort of diet plan. My ultimate goal is to be between 135-150.

A bit about me: I've never remembered being skinny. I have a pic of me at ~6 that was skinny, but for some reason after 6 I just got fatter. I remember being in elementary wearing size 13 jeans, in high school having to wear men's size 42" pants because it was the largest jeans I could find in PacSun. I have memories of being picked on, breaking chairs, breaking swing sets on field trips, ripping wholes in the crotch of my pants when bending over, and other horrible memories that have happened as recently as a few months ago.

I've had enough! Ive never felt like a fat person, looking at myself in the mirror is so strange, because this is never how I imagined myself despite being trapped in this huge body all my life.

I want to add friends who can motivate me, and who perhaps I can motivate as well. I'd love if we were similar in stats, either starting off or coming to an end. I'm going to do this one way or another, but I think everything's a little more funner if you've got some friends along the way :]

Replies

• uknlv18
    uknlv18 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good on you for 26pds off! And we are in the same boat, I'm a tad older hehe but if you want to add me as a friend we can go through the long trek together!
  • Rockstar_sister
    Rockstar_sister Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    HI!!! I am counting calories as well!! I am 5'9", 38 years old with 4 kids (2 mine, 2 step) - 3 boys live with us. I have an 11, 16 and 19 year old boys living at home with me! My fear: my children will be embarrased to be seen with me (other than the normal "teenage" thing) because I am fat. I restarting my journey. I vow to be better at MFP and encourage. I currently weight 277 - I started out at 309. I have a lot of lose before 40 - and my goal: Run the half princess marathon at Disney my 40th year!!! Add me if you want me to give you support!
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've got about 40 more pounds to lose than you, but I am also 26/f and 5'7!
  • clareski_
    Options
    Good luck with your goals, and well done for what you've achieved so far, you're doing brilliantly :)
  • abadmum
    abadmum Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HI

yep i am prety much the same.. just a few more years on me and an 18 year old son.. add me if you like..