the heartbreak diet

Options
So i've had a crap few weeks, my boyfriend of two years has broken up with me and it's safe to say my appetite has gone out of the window...

and because i'm so stressed, upset and heartbroken, exercise is the last thing on my mind at the moment, i just want to hide away in my bed.

i know not excerising isn't good for me but has anyone else lost weight because of this?

in an ideal world i'd like to bump into him again looking smaller and slender....

Replies

• MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend exercising even if you don't feel like it. It'll keep your mind off things and while exercising your body releases chemicals that make you feel better.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Try to exercise angry. That often works better for me.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I agree. I lift best when I am stressed/angry - my adrenaline is through the roof!

Plus it WILL make you feel loads better and take your mind off things.

I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Then eat well and get off your butt! Losing weight is not magic.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I agree. I lift best when I am stressed/angry - my adrenaline is through the roof!

Plus it WILL make you feel loads better and take your mind off things.

I hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:

What they both said, plus the physiological response from exercising (endorphins etc.) will help boost your mood. If you can get into a class, the social aspect, the music, and the movement will help.

Feel better, sweetie. It will get better. :)
  • jnzema
    jnzema Posts: 24
    Options
    Yes, I took up karate when it happened, being in a class helped motivate me to keep going even when I didn't want to, and focusing on the movements got my mind off it for a few hours. Plus doing karate burns crazy calories.
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    This can be the motivation you need to get back on track for YOU!! Exercise will help you deal with the negative emotions you may be feeling at this time, but try and look at this from a positive perspective that it is a new and exciting step to a better place. It's hard to see it right now but time will heal and the most important person in your life is you!!
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My husband moved out the week after Thanksgiving and i had the same problem... I had no appetite and would even get sick when I ate... I actually started working out to get my mind off of it (even if it was just walking) and lost a little over 20lbs in just a couple months. I've got a handle on my emotions now and have increased my exercise and have a normal appetite again. Good Luck!!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

^^This^^

A few years ago, my boyfriend of 4 years broke up with me. I was upset, but then I let myself get good and angry. It really fueled my workouts. And working out is a natural antidepressant (as a depressed person, it's seriously helped me through some rough times). It won't bring him back, but it will certainly help you feel better. Good luck!
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Your body is forever, it willl not leave you for a very long time, so , you want to feel better, you want to rock a hot bod for him ? then get up work out upset, angry whatever, just get yourself working out .
    you can do this !
    you know you can
    Exercise angry, exercise depressed, just exercise, endorphins are good for you
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    So i've had a crap few weeks, my boyfriend of two years has broken up with me and it's safe to say my appetite has gone out of the window...

and because i'm so stressed, upset and heartbroken, exercise is the last thing on my mind at the moment, i just want to hide away in my bed.

i know not excerising isn't good for me but has anyone else lost weight because of this?

in an ideal world i'd like to bump into him again looking smaller and slender....

yes... i threw myself into a 76 hour working week and didnt eat well for 8 months and lost 35 lb ....miserable time until i wondered what i ever saw in her and still do !!! The good news is, i had a fantastic 5 years being single rather than slip into another relationship as most men do - and my present partner is still a 1 in a million 10 years on !
  • sarakarolina18
    sarakarolina18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

I agree! put on some angry music and jump on the eliplical! I lost 30 pounds after a break up!

I suggest womanizer by Britney Speers LOL

It will get better! I promise! And you'll get a hot bod and feel great out of it!
  • Besa27
    Besa27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ExercIsing will help you relax mentally. Focus on yourself... Plenty of guys out there.. HIS LOSS!!!!!
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Plan your workouts AND your meals and treat them like appointments you cannot miss. I understand not having an appetite, but failing to eat enough food may leave you feeling lethargic which only further exascerbates your issues getting your workouts in.

At some point your appetite WILL come back, but in the meantime if you aren't working out and eating enough you may end up losing a bit of muscle mass. If you lose muscle mass and then begin eating more food you may end up gaining some bodyfat.

*I'll also go out on a limb and assume that at some point your girlfriends may start dragging you out for dinner and cocktails to get you in better spirits! Better to minimize that damage with a healthy diet and some awesome workouts...