Bump
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Just got a Nutribullet :happy:
  • tforstater
    Options
    Hi. I lucked out and made a great green smoothie in my blender! I'm not sure of the exact amount of each ingredient (sorry), but I
    made it with fresh pineapple, banana, a splash of orange juice and cooked spinach, with lots of ice. That's it, and
    it was delicious, although the green color was a bit unsettling at first. Enjoy!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    add whiskey and it sounds good.

Seriously? I knew you'd say something like that... :)
  • fabulara
    fabulara Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    after a few months, the infomercials got to me and I gave in and bought a nutribullet. I love it. I'm not a hard-core green smoothie person, but I always do half spinach/half fruit. I've found that either a banana or fresh pineapple make it so sweet. It's a good feeling at the end of the day to know that I finally got all my fruit and veggies in - even if it means I drank half of them.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I use frozen strawberries and a frozen 'exotic fruit' mix. The strawberry green smoothie tastes the best but looks like poo.
  • weightingitout88
    Options
    Bump for later! Yum~!
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump :) x
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    bump. Thanks!
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to estimate how many green smoothies I've had in the past year or so...It was a staple of my diet, that's for sure.

The secret to a yummy green smoothie: Frozen banana...highlight, frozen. This makes all the difference, I promise you.

Also, I add in almond milk or coconut milk. My basic smoothie recipe (nothing special, many use similar ones I'm sure):

1-2 cups nut milk
    1-2 frozen bananas
    1 tbs almond butter
    1 scoop Sunwarrior Protein powder
    4 cups of spinach (as much as I can pack in, hah)
    1/2 cup berries

Add ins: These definitely aren't necessary, but they give a little energy boost and nutritional value.
    Cacao powder
    Chia seeds
    Spirulina/chlorella
    Acai powder
    Maca powder
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    spinach, banana and fresh pineapple always go in, tastes like dessert. I will add other stuff like tomato, baby carrots and celery if I have them.
  • Autummint
    Autummint Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make green smoothies pretty regularly. I generally use frozen pineapple, a whole "cutie" clementine, couple frozen banana pieces, and baby spinach. If I use kale, I usually mix it with baby spinach. It might help to start with a 75% fruit/25% greens mix and work your way up to more greens.

I have a ninja blender with the single serve cups and this morning I used 1 cutie, 28g frozen banana, 75g frozen pineapple, 45g baby spinach. It was a little sweeter than when I make one in the big blender because I usually add more spinach.

Also, I don't use juice as my liquid, I use water- save calories and sugar!
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    3 cups of spinach
    2 tbsp PB2 or actual Peanut Butter
    1/2 banana
    1 scoop of Vanilla protein powder
    1 cup of milk
    ICE
  • doty0815
    doty0815 Posts: 68
    Options
    Bump Love green smoothies
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    It is recommended to add a banana to every smoothie for a creamy texture. I use spinach, broccoli, banana, strawberries, and blueberries. It is pretty decent, not the best thing you ever tasted, but I'm not really drinking them for taste.
  • auranda
    auranda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    If the greens are overpowering the fruit, I'll add a medjool date for sweetness. They really make a difference, and they're nutritious too!!

Right now I'm drinking:
    -1/2 c frozen mango
    -1/2 c frozen wild blueberries
    - 1/2 banana
    - 1 c dandelion greens
    - 1 medjool date
    - 1 scoop Vega Shake & Go chocolate protein

It's pretty good! The sweetness is subtle but pleasant and despite the fact that dandelion greens are quite bitter, they don't overwhelm the flavour at all.