HUNGRY GIRL FUDGE BROWNIES

Options
I'm making these now.. letcha know how they turn out!! Saw it on Dr. Oz today.. they looked good on t.v.!!

Dreamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
1/36th of recipe (1 square): 65 calories, 1g fat, 57mg sodium, 13.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 9g sugars, 0.5g protein

Ingredients:
One 18.3-oz. box fudge brownie mix
2 cups canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 tbsp. light chocolate syrup
2 tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter, softened

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, mix brownie mix, pumpkin, and chocolate syrup until completely smooth and uniform. (Batter will be thick.)

Spread batter into the baking pan.

Spoon peanut butter over the batter, and use a knife to swirl it in.

Bake until edges are slightly firm and top center is dry to the touch, about 35 minutes.

Let fudge cool completely.

Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 2 hours. Cut into squares, and get ready for a fudge frenzy!

MAKES 36 SERVINGS

FUDGE 411: The cooked batter will remain very thick and may look underdone. This is to be expected!

Replies

• sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    This sounds good but I can't imagine getting 36 brownies from an 8X8 pan. I would make it 12 servings, then probably eat two :laugh:
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious but I'd want to eat the whole pan!
  • usmcgrl1
    usmcgrl1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! guess I wii be overeating in the portion area, 36 seems like they will be very small, but maybe not. Gonna make these.Thanks for the recipe.
  • stageragsgurl
    Options
    Hungry girl has some great recipes:smile:
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl has some great recipes:smile:

Yes she does!!! I get her emails and I'm constantly making her stuff, I definitely recommend checking them out!!
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    so... these are AMAZING!! and yes, you'll wanna eat the whole pan.. the idea is.. in my opinion, is to cut it into 36 squares and set one little square aside to eat for a treat and put the rest away. I used reduced fat brownie mix, so the calories are even LESS!! I can't believe how good these are!! :love:
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • erinmieskowski
    erinmieskowski Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is supposed to mimic fudge, which is why there are 36 servings in the tiny 8x8 pan...
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yummo and thanx for sharing!!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I tried this one a while back, a no go for me. I didn't like the consistency and the tiny little pieces were not worth the cals/carbs. It didn't taste bad but wasn't fudge to me or a brownie and most of it went (and still is ) in my freezer.....wasn't worth eating.

Perhaps I didn;t cook long enough or cooked too long or something else went wrong but not trying them again. I am going to try a pumpkin/fudge chocolate cupcake mix that was recently posted.
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The no pudge brownie mix is 12 servings for 120 cals. And super easy to make brownie mix plus yougurt... bake and done:)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I just made a batch of protein type brownies in an 8 X 8 pan and cut into 16 pieces. I usually wind up eating 1.5 pieces as 1 piece just isn't enough. This is a FUDGE recipe so I guess one piece may be satisfying enough but I certainly wouldn't be able to keep it in my fridge without obsessing over it.

I guess if I were to bring it to work, then I would only have one piece. OP, let us know how yours came out!