Annoying Words or Phrases!

Options
arsimpson1
arsimpson1 Posts: 59 Member
What words or phrases annoy you? I know I am not alone on this. Right now the word BOOM!...It was cool at first but now it is overused and drives me crazy lol.

Replies

• DrBentonQuest
    Options
    If it originated from a reality television show, a pre-teen, avid video gamers, or is a portmanteau of two words that were created on a reality show, by a pre-teen, or by avid video gamers, then I hate it.

If it uses numbers with similar shapes as letters, I hate it.

If it is in 'text message lingo,' I hate it.

If it is the word 'like,' I hate it.

If it is the name of a band that is not a word recognized by the Oxford English Dictionary, circa 1980 [just to be safe], I hate it.

If it is the word 'duh,' I hate it.

If it is a word purposefully misspelled to take on another meaning, like 'dawg' or 'noob,' I hate it.

If it is the words 'baby bump' used to describe a pregnant woman's uterus and the surrounding proximity, I hate it.

If it is the word 'epic,' I hate it.

If it is an acronym for a phrase that is just a borderline-retarded way of expressing carpe diem, I hate it.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ok
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    are u ok?
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    wow
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    fetch_zpsd25861d5.gif

fetch2_zps3b75836e.gif
  • emtbabe
    emtbabe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    overused
  • Cinbad3178
    Cinbad3178 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Text lingo...yes. I can't stand it.

It's one thing to TYPE "OMG" but to actually use it in a sentence...just ridonkulous. <---that one, too. Yes, I've heard it a lot recently. I thought it had retired.

Basically, I just wish "tubular" and "boss" or "radical" would come back. Those were the days. ;)
  • Sharla_G
    Sharla_G Posts: 72
    Options
    Absolutely instead of sure, ok, or yes

Awesome when describing things that are good, but not awesome.
  • anthoid
    anthoid Posts: 9
    Options
    Any phrase where you are taking the Lord's name in vain. I don't know, it really gets to me.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Yepper. Hate that word.