Starting NROL4W today!

Options
I have been slacking recently on my workouts, but today I am starting NROL4W. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get in 3 workouts a week since my gym is at work and I only work Mon-Thurs. I'd love to get a weight bench for home, but it's just not in the budget right now. I need to check our gym here (it's small) to see if we have anything I can use for step ups or if I'll be running out to buy a step on my lunch break.

I'm hoping to get some meal planning done this weekend so I can work on the nutrition plan starting next week. Anyone done these workouts and nutrition plan? Any advice for me? Thanks!

Replies

• CoachTommyB
    Options
    What is NROL4W?
  • erwinol
    erwinol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just Google it. There seems to be a lot of results for it.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am starting Stage 3 today. I think you will love the training sessions.

I did not do the food plan - because when I followed his instructions about calculating calories, I was already eating that amount but I just did not want to change around my food and follow the meal plans. I have been making great progress with inches lost without changing the types of food I eat. I do basically eat his macro targets, though
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What is NROL4W?

NROL4W is New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What is NROL4W?

New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I started reading the book this weekend, but haven't made it to the workouts. Feel free to add me, I'd love a friend that's on the same journey! :)
  • CoachTommyB
    Options
    Thanks! I feel like everytime I go on mfp there is a new workout or diet I've never heard of! hahaha
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have been researching but have not bought any actual NROL4W materials. I love the theory but how can I lift heavy when right now I am so wimpy? I can bearly do 15 reps of bicep curls with eight lb weights...not exactly what one would consider heavy! How does one lift heavy when they do not have the strength? Should I be trying to lift 25 lb for four curls? How does one work up to heavy and still see the benefits?
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Do lower reps. For example 10reps 3 sets. When I really want to gain some strength I lift 8 reps of 3-4 sets, depending on the muscle I'm working. Do that for a while and you will definitely see some increase in strength. :)
  • blondie_182_182
    blondie_182_182 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I am almost done with stage 3 and I LOVE it! I don't follow his meal plans, but I do follow his calorie and macro guidelines. It's a great program. Feel free to add me for more support!
  • k8wizzo
    k8wizzo Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm starting today, too! Feel free to add me. :)
  • twinsmom7602
    twinsmom7602 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading. :) I have decided against the menu/food guides. I am good where I am. :)

Don't know when I can actually start, was planning for summer time since I am a teacher and I will have more time.

:)