Am I overdoing it?

Options
I started couch to 5k last week and added 30day shred this week. I finally broke my two week weigh stall but I'm exhausted! Am I doing too much or am I doing a good job of pushing myself?

I'm 30 years old and weight 250 as if this morning. I have no health problems or injuries other than being obese.

The only reason I ask is because I'm having a hard time sleeping even though I'm physically tired. Is there any way I can keep the intensity but make it more manageable? Help!!

Replies

• creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You know your body better than anyone so if you aren't physically hurting then you should be OK.

As for the sleeping, it seems to me like the more tired I am the more awake I am. I have started taking Melatonin as suggested by my doctor and I sleep sooooo well. I also have cut way back on my caffeine which seems to have an opposite effect. The caffeine calmed me rather than kept me up.

Keep up the great work!
  • Duganhorse
    Duganhorse Posts: 55
    Options
    It sounds like you might be over doing it. Make sure you are eating enough to keep up. In your case, I would definately eat back some of my calories. Make sure you net calories (calories consumed-exercise calories= net calories) do not go below 1200. Great job getting moving! i am sure you will do great with this program.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I would agree that you are over doing it. save this challenge for when you hit a plateau and need to mix it up.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    Thanks for your input! Since C25k is only 3 days a week, I think I'll do 30 day shred for strength training for the other 2 days. That should be a good mix of cardio and strength.