Here I go again...

Options
Hey everyone,
I've started and stopped MFP about 5 or 6 different times since 2007. It's hard maintaining and losing weight, but I keep coming back. I'm a runner and have always thought I could eat what I wanted and not worry and as Iong as I could still run I was okay. Well, now I'm a few lbs over weight and not looking as good as I used to in a bathing suit :cry: I think it'll be good to participate in these forum discussions and meet new people on here since I don't have anyone in my circle currently who's as commited as I am to living a healthy and active lifestyle. So, feel free to add me as a friend so we can help motivate each other.

Replies

• jq526
    jq526 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same! I would run a few miles and think I could just eat whatever I want, but I've noticed in the past year or two that I've put on some extra pounds. I'm trying to find that balance between exercising and eating properly. I'll add you!
  • beatyou
    beatyou Posts: 2
    Options
    I was also running for years :) But now I gained a lot more than just 1 kg, during my gap year in India. Now I go for a bit cardio and weight training in the gym, because everybody recommended it more than just doing cardio like running or cycling.

I am also very much interested in a healthy lifestyle, but people around me are thinking different, thats why I am searching for a nice pal :)

If you want just add me. I am online every day and a very happy person!

Lea ( female, 20 )
  • ladymnlite
    ladymnlite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner but I know how it feels to lose the weight and gain it back again. This is my 4th time trying to get back to my goal weight and it's harder than ever this time because I had a baby two years ago. I lost the baby weight in 2 months without trying. Then I gained it back slowly.

I'd love to have you as a friend so we can motivate one another.
  • Rungirl29
    Rungirl29 Posts: 10
    Options
    Same! I would run a few miles and think I could just eat whatever I want, but I've noticed in the past year or two that I've put on some extra pounds. I'm trying to find that balance between exercising and eating properly. I'll add you!

Yep! You sound like me! Thank you! We'll get it right! Consider me one of your accountability partners :drinker:
  • Rungirl29
    Options
    I was also running for years :) But now I gained a lot more than just 1 kg, during my gap year in India. Now I go for a bit cardio and weight training in the gym, because everybody recommended it more than just doing cardio like running or cycling.

I am also very much interested in a healthy lifestyle, but people around me are thinking different, thats why I am searching for a nice pal :)

If you want just add me. I am online every day and a very happy person!

Lea ( female, 20 )

Done! Thank you. I've also added cycling as cross-training. Once the weather gets a little warmer here (Philly), I'll start biking outdoors more often.
  • Rungirl29
    Options
    I'm not a runner but I know how it feels to lose the weight and gain it back again. This is my 4th time trying to get back to my goal weight and it's harder than ever this time because I had a baby two years ago. I lost the baby weight in 2 months without trying. Then I gained it back slowly.

I'd love to have you as a friend so we can motivate one another.

Sounds like a plan! You definitely have my support! The first step is the desire and I think the fact that we're on this forum says we have that. I'm confident this time around. I just have to learn that I'm aiming for a healthy "lifestyle" so that means finding something I can do on a consistent basis as well as PACING MYSELF!!!
  • cicigavgab3
    cicigavgab3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just recently joined mfp...this is my first week. But i noticed your post cause I get the topic ...here I go again! Me too...i lost my weight after each of my children.all three on weight watchers. Then i gained it all back and more a few years ago and again lost it all on weight watchers and became a life time member for the first timeand was so proud ! And with lifetime membership there is no charge...but then life got in the way, my oldest started appling to colleges went away and hated it and is now back home. With life came stress and now as I am getting older a slower metabolism so Im doing mfp and loving it ..down my first1 1 1/2 pounds!
    Would love some friends on mfp!
  • Hike_higher
    Options
    For some reason I now have a Whitesnake song playing in my head over and over.........thanks lol
  • Summit481
    Options
    Hey thanks for sharing...I've always been a swimmer and had a hard time running...but I would like to start jogging, can you advise on how to gradually build up to being able to do just that? I can't find a pool around here, and have a nice dirt road I can start on..I just need a little guidance. Thanks!