coffee, sodas, and tea

Options
Today is day five of my new life style aka diet. Today is day five of nothing to drink for the last four days but water. Today is also the first day that I have not had a headache! It is amazing just how long it takes all this to get out of your system. I was drinking a cup of coffee every morning and a pepsi with lunch and tea for dinner and another glass of tea before bed. Zero water and nothing that did not contain caffiene! Ugggg, tonight I had my first pepsi this week, not going to lie .... it was soooooo good. However, I am not going to drink more than one ... maybe a week. If not because of the extra calories, just because I can now see just how addictive these really are. Anthing that can give you headaches from withdrawling from it, is addictive and I am over it. Atleast as a daily habit! :laugh:

Replies

• Today is day five of my new life style aka diet. Today is day five of nothing to drink for the last four days but water. Today is also the first day that I have not had a headache! It is amazing just how long it takes all this to get out of your system. I was drinking a cup of coffee every morning and a pepsi with lunch and tea for dinner and another glass of tea before bed. Zero water and nothing that did not contain caffiene! Ugggg, tonight I had my first pepsi this week, not going to lie .... it was soooooo good. However, I am not going to drink more than one ... maybe a week. If not because of the extra calories, just because I can now see just how addictive these really are. Anthing that can give you headaches from withdrawling from it, is addictive and I am over it. Atleast as a daily habit! :laugh:

By green tea bags. 2 bags for 18oz with 4 splendas. its amazing hot but in this hot weather pour over a huge glass of ice. emm good! good for you too!
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Drink Water Joe,It has the caffeine in it.It is water with Caffeine.I don't know how many calories it has though.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are stronger than me. The only time I went without caffeine was when I was pregnant, & boy was I an angry lady then! Since starting MFP I have drastically reduced the amount of coffee I drink & completely eliminated iced tea (which was difficult I admit, but I like the sweetened, bottled varieties & they just seemed like a waste of calories). I too suffered from headaches for about a week and now I am fine with only one or two cups of coffee in the morning & no more caffeine for the rest of the day. The coffee for me is now more the taste and smell then the caffeine jolt. Stay strong!
  • paradisegal
    paradisegal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a diet pepsi addict. It's just as bad for you. I do drink my 8 glasses of H20 daily, but gotta have my d. pepsi on these hot nights! I did go for two weeks with no soda at all and I got the caffeine headaches. That's my next challenge, is to stop the (d. pepsi) drinking...