Too much? Too Fast?

Options
Greetings... So... I've lost 15.2 pounds in 16 days... It was tough at the beginning, but I've been eating increased protein in the morning, haven't been hungry, have been averaging 1700 - 2000 net calories a day and have been burning at least 500 calories a day run/walking... I'm averaging a pound a day... Too much too fast? Will it moderate? Thanks...

Steve
36 year old male

PS: no other significant health issues (disease or tapeworm : )

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Something doesn't seem healthy with that rapid of a weight loss. It is supposed to be 1-2 pounds per week.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    usually when you first start out. you actually lose alot of water weight. after that you will start going to normal after 30 days of your first time. from there it will average out about a pound or two a week. so you are not losing weight to fast it just water weight. so you will be good. :)

keep up the good work :)
  • katie54321
    katie54321 Posts: 18
    Options
    It'll moderate but you could definitely add another 2-300 calories of healthy food into your diet.
  • speakermaguire
    Options
    :smile: Awesome... thanks!
  • texann
    texann Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Another point that you might consider is that men lose weight, initially, faster than women. My son and daughter are in a contest to see who can get to a certain weight first. My daughter has been here and working a program for 2 months and has lost 26 pounds. My son just started last week and he has already lost 12 pounds. He has lost weight before and he lost a lot rapidly just as you have. But he leveled off after about a month and I believe you will as well! Good luck!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I lost 18 in the first two weeks, now its been two months and I've lost 33, SOOOO....
  • ShastaAngel
    Options
    I started at MFP a week after trying trying to lose weight and lost 4 pounds... then I tapered down to 1 to 2 pounds a week. I have read that if you lose weight too rapidly you can gain it back in the blink of an eye. I know this to be true because a few years ago I lost 45 pounds in 2 1/2 months on South Beach... then gained it all back plus another 15 pounds. I hope it is all water weight, cuz that will sttay off with the life style change. I wish you luck, and my only advice is eat healthy, stay active and listen to your body... oh yeah and hydrate hydrate hydrate! Much luck and love to ya!