jeans dont fit.. but how?

Options
I bought this pair of jeans like a year ago when I was 200 lbs. They fit perfectly.

Then I packed on 20 lbs and the jeans were tight and uncomfortable.

Starting to lose weight, now im 207, the jeans are sooo loose! Especially in my butt and thighs. There is like 2 inches of space in the jeans now.

So how is it I weigh more than I did back when they fit perfectly and now they are super loose? I even put them on immediately after they were dried.

I have measured myself before and now and there really isnt a change in the numbers.

Replies

• Angeleyes_simone
    Options
    Wow i was going to say inches, are you sure you are measuring in the same spot as last time?
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Wow i was going to say inches, are you sure you are measuring in the same spot as last time?

Going to re measure now lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Clothing sizes are cut different a year ago then they are now.

Plus depending on where you lost weight, you may have lost more or less in an area which could account for the difference.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Clothing sizes are cut different a year ago then they are now.

Plus depending on where you lost weight, you may have lost more or less in an area which could account for the difference.

Its the same pair of pants I've had since last yr.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I will share with you that anytime I start a new workout program I gain....I am building muscle under the fat....it takes a while but then it does come around. Have you done before and after pictures? For me that is where I saw the biggest difference. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    The biggest change since April 10 are my thighs, started at 27 iches now they are 25, hips were 47, now 46, stomach was 49 now 47and my arms were 16 now 14. I just don't see how those numbers can make such a big difference.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    You would be surprised what a few small inches will make your clothes look like. Best think I ever saw on here was a picture of what 1 pound of body fat looked like. I'm sure it was one of those plastic model things like you see in the docs office. It's roughly the same size as a coffee cup, can of vegetables. Keep working hard and enjoy the fact things aren't fitting the SAME!
  • johnjr0
    johnjr0 Posts: 4
    Options
    The concept of the Pokémon universe, in both the video games and the general fictional world of Pokémon, stems from the hobby of insect collecting, a popular pastime which Pokémon executive director Satoshi Tajiri enjoyed as a child.[8] Players of the games are designated as Pokémon Trainers, and the two general goals (in most Pokémon games) for such Trainers are: to complete the Pokédex by collecting all of the available Pokémon species found in the fictional region where that game takes place; and to train a team of powerful Pokémon from those they have caught to compete against teams owned by other Trainers, and eventually become the strongest Trainer: the Pokémon Master. These themes of collecting, training, and battling are present in almost every version of the Pokémon franchise, including the video games, the anime and manga series, and the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
  • EngiAli
    EngiAli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You very likely stretched them out as you gained those 20 lbs.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    That is a huge difference! Muscle takes up way less space then fat. I was amazed when I took my Before and progress pictures!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    You very likely stretched them out as you gained those 20 lbs.

Yea this sounds about right, I didn't even think about that.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    That is a huge difference! Muscle takes up way less space then fat. I was amazed when I took my Before and progress pictures!

I just took some progress photos and saw the pics side by side. There actually IS a difference in my stomach. Can see changes other places but not huge. No wonder no one has said anything because I'm always covered up in my husbands huge xxl hoodies.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    There is like 2 inches of space in the jeans now.
    ,,,my thighs, started at 27 iches now they are 25, hips were 47, now 46, stomach was 49 now 47,,,
    Well, there you have it! Congrats on the inches lost.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    There is like 2 inches of space in the jeans now.
    ,,,my thighs, started at 27 iches now they are 25, hips were 47, now 46, stomach was 49 now 47,,,
    Well, there you have it! Congrats on the inches lost.

Thank you ;) as much as I'm doing this for myself, it would be really nice when other people start noticing. I know it'll happen, I'm just impatient. I would love to think that people are saying "wow she lost weight" instead of "damn she got fat"
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tried on a pair of pants that didn't fit back in November and when I wore them Monday they were super lose in the waist. It took me a while to realize that when they didn't fit back then, I couldn't pull them all the way up my thighs so I didn't even realize that they may have been the correct waist size back then, lol. Next time I'll wear a belt, pretty sure I had plumber's crack going on...
  • tmo1029
    tmo1029 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have just read your comment. I've been so frustrated. I've been eating right and exercising and gained a little at first and so far have only lost like 4 lbs and few scattered inches. I do feel myself getting firmer so hopefully now is the stage when the layer of fat starts go melt off. ;) Anyway, your comment was encouraging.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    possibility of stretch... Possibility of you having some muscle rather than fat.. Possibility of losing most weight off legs
  • headertat
    Options
    Congrats :)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My guess is, that you are losing weight and losing in different places that count towards the way jeans fit.

I always found that when I am losing weight, I look better at a certain weight...than when I am gaining and reach that weight.
    I am 169 now, I look a heck of a lot better now at 169 than I did when I was gaining weight and 169. I felt more squishy. :) and now that I am exercising and eating right, I am more tight. KWIM.
  • ChocolateParadise
    Options
    I will share with you that anytime I start a new workout program I gain....I am building muscle under the fat....it takes a while but then it does come around. Have you done before and after pictures? For me that is where I saw the biggest difference. You can add me as a friend if you like.

This makes a lot of sense. I just got back in the swing of things, taking my health and fitness goals seriously and I have noticed I am either gaining or remaining the same. I have been faithfully logging in my meals, doing well to stay within my calorie range, and I exercise/ move my body daily. It's driving me crazy. It's positive for me emotionally to read your comment based upon your experiences. It lets me realize I am not the only one this is happening to and eventually I will see the results. Thanks.