Any 'Insanity' Shaun T ppl here?

Options
I'm borrowing a copy starting next week. Due to a bad back I'm rather limited
to some fitness, so far. Would it be safe enough? So far my only true trouble
has been w/sit ups. I use an elliptical, strength train, walk, jog, spin. Other
aerobics like kicks and arm/legs stuff.

Also can I expect results by using Shaun T's DVDs? I need a reboot bad.
I hit a2 week stall. Thanks for any info.

Replies

• dixonsbliss
    Options
    If you have a bad back, then Insanity might not be the best program. He does a lot of high impact (jumping) and lots of excercises where you are bending over (i.e suicides/burpees). However, you can get good results if you are combining his workouts with proper nutrition.
  • Elly115
    Elly115 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you have a bad back, then Insanity might not be the best program. He does a lot of high impact (jumping) and lots of excercises where you are bending over (i.e suicides/burpees). However, you can get good results if you are combining his workouts with proper nutrition.

Agreed, its very high impact. I wouldn't recommend it with a back injury because it could end up make things worse :/
    In terms of results, Im on day 5 and im down 1.5lbs so it works! But I also have about 50lbs to lose.
    Was also looking for people on the program
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    If you have a bad back don't even borrow the DVD's! Seriously, this will make the most healthy person sore all over! This is about as intense as you can get and chances are you will screw up your back even more.
  • RedfishGuy
    RedfishGuy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Try it and see. It may alleviate your back pain. You never know until you try.

If it hurts, you can stop. I've done Insanity/HIIT workouts with pulled back muscles, strained calf muscles, tendonitis in my elbow, neck pain, and hemorrhoids. OK, that may have been TMI. You never know until you try.