I eat healthily – but I love wine

Options
13»

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    yep! at 120 calories per glass I now only drink it every other weekend or so.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to live it without wine (my personal opinion). That being said, I like the idea of alternating, and I'm going to try it.

Thanks for the post.
  • RomanaW
    RomanaW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same. I now became plateued and have to start pushing myself to lose more by cutting on wine
  • GoneLbsGirl
    Options
    If you would like to occasionally drink a glass of wine, I found The Skinny Vine brand! I have only had the mini moscato but it is delicious with 25-35% less calories than the average wine!
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am an avid wine drinker myself and I've dropped 25 pounds in just about 90 days here on MFP. I workout about 5 times a week and still eat out pretty regularly too. I don't think I've noticed that drinking wine has slowed my weight loss down at all but one thing that I do is incorporate my wine into my daily workouts. If I know I'm going to enjoy a few glasses at night, I may work a little extra on the treadmill that day. Once you get closer to your goal weight, you will noticed that the wine doesn't make a difference at all in your weight! I can pretty much eat and drink what I want, within reason, and still stay at goal or even a few pounds under! Good luck to you . . . and CHEERS! :)

Agree with this.
  • Minimouse13
    Minimouse13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink wine and champagne a few nights a week. I am very social and love going out to drinks and dinner. I fir it in my calories for the day. I also burn more because I am out and about and living life, dancing and talking and having fun.
    I will not give it up. I am on a "diet", but I also live my life and have fun. This is how I am doing this for life and not a year.ect. Imagine no wine for a lifetime? :(((

Also who the hell wants a spritzer? ;) LOL. I drink very good wine and champagne and would never waste it.
    Wine snob here.

Drink it OP, fit it in your plan and enjoy life. Dieting should be fun and not make you miserable. :)
  • nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I do love my wine. I didn't give it up...well not really. I say that I can have "as much wine as I want on Sunday". At first that was hard but now, I may have it one Sunday out of a month. It did stall my weight loss for a while but eh...everything in moderation. Also I've found that I do love my runs as well. When I get the urge for wine, I run and THAT is a great feeling. Good luck to you!
  • linosbrn
    linosbrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wine is good for you. Just drink it in moderation, like you having two or three glasses of wine for the week. Until you can cut tit down to one glass per week and still be enjoying your pleasures. There's nothing wrong with that.
  • flobag83
    flobag83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    haha! I have the same struggle! in fact, i wanted to start my own message board with the same topic... you read my mind!

With that said, I'm loving all the support and advice in this message thread. I know that it has an effect on your metabolism and the bodies ability to break down carbs and sugars... but sometimes after work I'm so strung out and I go to the gym to release some of the stress and yet when i get back from the gym all i can think about is unwinding on the couch with one full glass of chardonnay...

I've found that what has helped me drink less wine is to a) not have it in the house and b) not to drink chardonnay (it's my favorite) but rather pinot noir or cabernet, because i drink it slower and red is the better option if you're going to have wine.

Also, I workout harder at the gym so I earn that glass of wine.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Wow, clearly you are not the only one who enjoys wine. Thank God I'm not alone too!
    Absolutely me!!!! LOVE my wine.
  • michele_120
    michele_120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Clearly there are lots of us who are "making room" for wine in our daily intake. I try to limit it to 1 glass a day, and not every single day (usually ends up being 3-4 nights per week, including the weekend nights). I have given it up in the past to see if it helped with my weight loss, but really saw no difference.

<
    As you can see from my profile pic, I'm a fan!
  • FitChimi
    FitChimi Posts: 41
    Options
    I only drink wine on the weekends. This has helped, and I have seen no slow down in my weight loss for it.
  • frugalafterfifty
    frugalafterfifty Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Why would wine slow down your weight loss? Is that true? I drink a glass daily and incorporate it into my calories and exercise.
  • muah3iluvzu06
    muah3iluvzu06 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine a few times per week as long as I have the calories for it. Five ounces of my favorite wine is only 127 calories.
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've finally found it...a post full of my people! I love my wine and generally have 1 or 2 glasses a night. I don't want or need any more than that, but it's a good way to relax and wind down at the end of the day.
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I want to eat clean and it says I have to give up wine, I'm not going to give up my wine I can't sorry its just one of those things. You can have your vices basically but you can cut back or work for them.
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If you love wine, you should accept that your weight loss will be slower. Don't ever give up what you love.

Yes, you will feel deprived if you do; especially if it is not bad for you.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Mm mm wine...I have 2 bottles in the fridge waiting for me. I might just have to enjoy a LARGE glass tonight.
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine a few times per week as long as I have the calories for it. Five ounces of my favorite wine is only 127 calories.

Same here :smile:

Lately, I've been trying to limit my pours to 4 oz (~100 calories). I'm not gonna lie... it is not enough! :blushing:
  • Minimouse13
    Minimouse13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Same here :smile:

Lately, I've been trying to limit my pours to 4 oz (~100 calories). I'm not gonna lie... it is not enough! :blushing:

Great pic! LOL.

I am happy to see many wine drinkers . I am going out tonight to a fab place with a great wine menu.

I know it is sugar, so is soda and potatoes! I rather have wine. ;)