1PM Hits a wall....

Options
It’s like clockwork 1pm comes along and I’ve hit a wall. I’m yawning, eyes are blurry, body is aching and eyes want to close. Who else has this problem? What do you do to combat it?

Ps. I dont drink caffeine so please dont recomend that

Replies

• Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I have that problem several times a day....Usually a snack helps. Apples or carrots.

Or just jump up and do 20 jumping jacks lol.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    Eat a pickle. It stimulates your brain and senses.
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Go on a quick walk! That always wakes me up again
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    same problem, keep yourself busy by drinking water, have some almonds or edamame, i usually have tea with 1 tsp of sugar in it, leave the bag in.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have a big glass of cold water and go for a walk around the building perimeter.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Water and movement are what usually helps me. If time and circumstances permit, have a 20 minute power nap.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Yup, some fresh air and a big glass of water.
  • JulieAnn1109
    JulieAnn1109 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too! Afternoon slumps are yucky!!! :frown:

Definately get moving, or eat something spicy! Or maybe a banana or orange to bump up your potassium & energy!!!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Get more sleep.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    have an apple
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Take a nap.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    A quick look at your food diary indicates that you rarely consume more than 500 calories by 1:00PM. That may be your problem. Eat more calorie/nutrient dense foods for breakfast and lunch to supply you with the energy you need to get through the afternoon.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I hit the stairs in my office bldg. If I'm wearing flats, I'll walk down to the basement and then back up to the 9th floor where I work. If I'm wearing heels, I take the elevator down. . .stairs in heels tweaks my knees too much and I need to baby my knees as I love to RUN!!!

Any type of get up and get some movement/blood pumping activity that is acceptable for your surrounding should do the trick!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I do a Vinyasa. A couple if I really need a pick me up. A couple sun salutations always picks me right up and fixes up the tired eyes and achy joints!
  • eld006
    eld006 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Big 24oz Tervis of ICE COLD water! I also like the idea of getting up and walking around. They have a gym at my work so I like to take 15 min and go back there.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have a big glass of cold water and go for a walk around the building perimeter.

^^This
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I get the same problem.....

And I get up and walk, I grab a snack, usually almonds or greek yogurt, drink some water, chat up some coworkers, etc....

30 minutes later, I am back to feeling exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open.

It's a fun cycle I deal with every afternoon for a good 3 hours, if not more.

I usually get to bed around 9 pm, since I get up at 4:30 am to workout.... :ohwell:
  • elysehunt
    elysehunt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with the post about not eating enough before noon. Unfortunately I get very exhausted around 1pm every day too. I have started to eat oatmeal or gritz (high fiber, very healthy) every morning along with protein (1 turkey sausage patty, light yogurt, etc) and a small fruit (banana, orange, apple). These meals a little higher in calorie but they are also very nutritious and I have found that I am truly full until lunch time. Don't get me wrong, I'm still tempted to snack, but it is more out of habit than actually needing to eat. :yawn: Good luck!
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I’m only 22 years old, I’m pretty active but always tried. I usually make sure I get enough sleep but it feels like there is never enough. I should really try eating more during the day. I’m that person the moment I sit down for the day I pass out. I have no issues sleeping, can usually do it anytime anywhere, sleep is very important to me and I make sure I get 7-8 hours. I just feel older than I am, people my age are going out to the bars staying up late and then waking early for work. Nope not me I cant! During the work day I’m constantly sipping on water and i spread my lunch out so i have things to nibble on during the day. I just think at this age I should have way more energy than I do.