Noodles and Company

Options
rockon77
rockon77 Posts: 31 Member
Hi everyone! I love Noodles and Company! I have a question. Is this a healthier option for fast food (comparable to Subway being a healthier option)? I am new to nutrition and such, so I'm not sure if this is considered a healthy option. It seems like it is because the calories are listed on the menu and mostly everything has veggies in it.

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Does it fit into your daily calorie allotment? If so, I don't see why not.

Unless you're following a specific diet (paleo, vegetarian, vegan...) then I wouldn't worry too much about what is inherently 'healthy' or 'unhealthy' as long as it fits into the goals for the day.
  • Katemarie34
    Katemarie34 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you get there? But not really. The sauces are pretty heavy (like alfredo, and lots of cheese) Treat it as a cheat meal and enjoy it.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love Noodles & Co! They are much easier to track because they list nutrition information, but like every restaurant they have lower and higher calorie choices too. Their mac & cheese is an example of a higher calorie option, but they have some really great low cal options too like the Bangkok Curry. What I really like about them in particular are the under 500 cal options that make it easy to make a reasonably good choice while still eating out. That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.
  • psych0kitty
    psych0kitty Posts: 313
    Options
    They make everything fresh, which is a huge plus IMO. Their Med Salad is amazingly delicious with the Parmesan-Crusted Chicken. I'm not sure the calorie count on it because I haven't been there in a while (my husband never wants to go there anymore idk why). It's like every restaurant, though, there are healthier and unhealthy choices to be made. One bowl of mac & cheese certainly won't kill you, though. :D
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've eaten there. I had Pad Thai and it fit in my calories for the day. So... yeah. Moderation is key.

On a side note, their food sucked. I've never had bland Pad Thai until I ate there.
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It only shows calories? It depends I guess on which macros you are watching. I try to be wary of fat, sugar, and sodium (if it goes too much over my recommended amount). BUT..that being said, I personally am not dieting, just watching what I eat, so I just had dominos for lunch. Fast food tends to be super high in sodium, fat and sugar so watch out for that. Hey, IIFYM go for it (in moderation of course).

:)
  • rockon77
    rockon77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It shows calories on the menu at the store. On the website, it has everything (sodium, fat, sugar, etc). It seems like lower calories and better options. I love Pasta Fresca the most, but sometimes I also get Pesto Cavatappi.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I love Noodles & Co! They are much easier to track because they list nutrition information, but like every restaurant they have lower and higher calorie choices too. Their mac & cheese is an example of a higher calorie option, but they have some really great low cal options too like the Bangkok Curry. What I really like about them in particular are the under 500 cal options that make it easy to make a reasonably good choice while still eating out. That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I LOVE curry!
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I find them way too salty---and pricy.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Their noodle bowls tend to be high calorie, high carb, and low protein. Not ideal for my goals, at least. They are yummy though.