Sedentary or Lightly Active.

Options
I am torn as to what I should be categorizing myself in. I currently work at a bank and I do sit for the majority of my day. However I workout at least an hour and a half, 5 days a week, including running or the elliptic machine for 30 min. accompanied by an hour long weight lifting class, aerobics class (bodycombat), and or Yoga class.

Between my daily activity and then my fitness level and activity .. I am just not sure where I fall. Any advice?

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I personally put down sedentary and then log all my exercise. If you do lightly active then you wouldn't log your exercise from the sound sof it.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I personally put down sedentary and then log all my exercise. If you do lightly active then you wouldn't log your exercise from the sound sof it.

Ditto. This way I can control my exercise I enter into MFP each week.
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am torn as to what I should be categorizing myself in. I currently work at a bank and I do sit for the majority of my day. However I workout at least an hour and a half, 5 days a week, including running or the elliptic machine for 30 min. accompanied by an hour long weight lifting class, aerobics class (bodycombat), and or Yoga class.

Between my daily activity and then my fitness level and activity .. I am just not sure where I fall. Any advice?

Reading this i'd say light activity. And keep up the training your heart loves you for it.
  • markmckiernan
    markmckiernan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been confused about this myself. I've read alot about this ...here is my understanding. Those activity levels, such as "Sedentary or Lightly Active," refer to your normal activity during the day. So, if throughout the day you just sit, you may be "sedentary." Then you log in all of your exercise.

"lightly active" are those that may be on their feet for a portion of the day. "Moderate" may be a job a bit more active, like gardening .

Of course, the upper levels would be for those in jobs like construction, garbage collecting...They still should log their exercises, but have more calories to burn because of their daily activity.
  • mickstereftb
    mickstereftb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How about driving a van all day and off loading by hand, 20 meters of porcelain floor tiles every hour or so? I have classed myself as 'moderate' but maybe i should up that?