ViSalus Body by Vi

Options
dbanks80
dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Does it satisfy your hunger as a meal replacement?

I ordered a one month supply through my neighbor. He and his girlfriend swear by it.

Just wanted any feedback on it.

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My ex-brother in law uses it, he's on a 90 day challenge. It seems to help him but I wonder how thrilled I would be having a shake for a meal in the long run :sick:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My daughter in law sells it. Tried drinking one at 9 am, by 11 I could have chewed my leg off and I could have had a decent breakfast for the same number of calories. Nothing magic about it, expensive and doesn't taste that great.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    There's different packages. I ordered 30 days where I drink 1 shake per day as a meal replacement (i.e. lunch). I couldnt do 2 shakes per day. I love to eat too much! LOL!
  • mdraper60
    mdraper60 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My daughter in law sells it. Tried drinking one at 9 am, by 11 I could have chewed my leg off and I could have had a decent breakfast for the same number of calories. Nothing magic about it, expensive and doesn't taste that great.

I agree! I had purchased it for the 90 day challenge and it was terrible. I was starving and didn't enjoy the taste either. I did it for one day and seriously missed real food!! I can make a much tastier and filling smoothie out of food. I ended up giving it away.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've tried it and it's what I used to start my weight loss journey to be honest.
    Would i ever do it again? No.
    I think they taste disgusting. Depending on what you're mixing in it, the shake is really only a few hundred calories. They didn't really filled me up for long. If you're just starting i would say it's a good tool to start on managing when you eat (That's what i used it for) but i don't really think they work. You'll get the same results with exercise and actual food
  • Mama_Burkhart
    Mama_Burkhart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I Love Body by Vi! There are over 100 different kinds of shake recipes. With this shake i usually drink it between 7-8 and then eat a snack about 10, then drink another shake at 12 snack at 2 then dinner time between 4-6! I have lost weight! The first time i did the challenge i love about 40 lbs... then i had another baby just recently so im on the challenge again!!! Message me if you have any questions!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Great feedback.

My neighbor says it tastes like cake mix. I dont know about that. I am glad I only bought one month. They try to set you up with an Auto Ship setup but I canceled that right away.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    And who wants to drink a cake mix? I mixed the chocolate flavour packet in but it was still an odd taste. You'll only lose weight on it if you only have the shake made with low calorie ingredients. It's just another way to cut calories which you can achieve for free by just tracking on here. Anything that says meal replacement is bogus.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    MLM scam. Plus, it doesn't teach you how to eat. Unless you plan on drinking shakes for the rest of your life, pass.

Also, if you want a shake as a meal or a snack, protein powder and fruit to blend with it is much less expensive.
  • Mama_Burkhart
    Mama_Burkhart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    MLM scam. Plus, it doesn't teach you how to eat. Unless you plan on drinking shakes for the rest of your life, pass.

Also, if you want a shake as a meal or a snack, protein powder and fruit to blend with it is much less expensive.

Its no scam!!! It is protein powder! Its wonderful!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I totally agree with tracking my food intake. I've been slacking in that area for about a month. Lost one pound in March. If anything I will use it to shake up my normal routine and see how it goes.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

This ^^^^

My cousins family is getting mega rich off of selling it!!! I mean like MEAG rich! Go figure? Guess lots of people are always looking for that "magic bullet"
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Eh, I thought it was disgusting. You will see results if you use it (after all you are replacing an entire meal with one shake.)
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    From people I know they get you to try it then to live by it and sell it then make people believe its the greatest thing on earth.

As others said on here it is a waste of money, you can go to vitamin shoppe or GNC and get way less expensive shake powder that has more protien content and macros in it plus if you are looking for recipes then GOOGLE is your friend for FREE!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Its no scam!!! It is protein powder! Its wonderful!

Yes, I'm sorry their marketing is a scam. It is not a magic shake, my in laws sold it for awhile made some money, lost some weight. Stopped drinking it and guess what? Gained everything back they lost. They didn't learn proper portions, calorie counts or in other words didn't learn that the shakes kept them in a calorie deficit and how to maintain with real food (for much cheaper). You can get better nutrition eating whole foods and learn how to maintain it for life.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Horrible over priced product full of chemicals. Incredible marketing selling people on the idea they can get rich but 98% of
    people make no money in an MLM.

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/

http://fabulouslydomestic.com/2012/08/13/dangerous-visalus-ingredients/
  • dbanks80
    Options
    These are great responses. I am not going to sell it. I know these are get rich quick gimmacks. I did read the link about Splenda. I will not use that any longer in my coffee.

BTW what is an MLM?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Horrible over priced product full of chemicals. Incredible marketing selling people on the idea they can get rich but 98% of
    people make no money in an MLM.

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/

http://fabulouslydomestic.com/2012/08/13/dangerous-visalus-ingredients/

I was going to post the David Modderman link, but you beat me.
  • ksimpson88
    Options
    this stuff is great if you don't mind starving all day...once you stop the shakes say goodbye to your weight loss too!
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    IMO, just another way to empty your pocket. Eating real food gives you nutrition and satiety. And it costs less!