Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar

Options
Which of these catagories is it ok to exceed myfitnesspal recommendations? and which should I try to stay below?

Replies

• omystars22
    omystars22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just for me personally, I am eating at LEAST 116 grams of protein. The more protein you eat the more lean muscle you build. Now it is healthy protein not like bacon and lots of cheese. But I am eating lean meats like chicken, turkey and fish and trying to cut back on too much red meat.

I am doing an Herbalife challenge and this is what my health coach is having me too. they also told me to keep my sugars low as long as my carbs. I also work out a ton too.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Calories should be a target... get as close as you can... a little over or a little under is fine, but get reasonably close and you'll see progress. Protein and fat should generally be treated as minimums, the rest don't matter too much as long as they don't prevent you from hitting your total cals or protein/fat goals. Assuming no health issues of course.

• april9304
    april9304 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the program that you're doing. I have done low carb, high protein diets and I have also done low calorie diets.Both methods will yield weight loss but I have had to find which is more convenient for me. If you're cutting carbs you also have to cut sugar. I am currently on a low calorie program and I am not too concerned with anything other than calories.