Hit my first goal!! 50 pounds down!

funkyspunky871
funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
51 pounds actually!! Pay no attention to the goals in my signature. I just put those there to have something to work toward later. 50 pounds was my true first goal. My older brother was very skeptical about me actually losing weight. He told me that he'd believe in my efforts once I hit 50 pounds. Well.... TAKE THAT! Whoo!

Sorry, no pictures. :( You'll have to wait for those. I can't see a difference at all, so I don't want to post them...

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    congrats. that is truly a great job. you should be proud of yourself. Keep it up and you Will acheive your goals. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Congratulations! I know you're really proud. I'm just starting and you're an inspiration! Good luck on your second goal.:smile:
  • DavisSande
    DavisSande Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats on ur first 50!!! :happy: Just wondering...how long did it take???
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Awesome! 50 pounds lost is an amazing milestone! I'm sure if you posted the pictures we would see a difference! I can't believe that you can lose 50 pounds and not be able to see a difference. Keep up the good work!
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    That is no mean feat. Excellent!!!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Let's see.... Checked my weigh-in list and I entered my starting weight on 2/22/10. So... 21 weeks? Is that right?
  • tiaria
    tiaria Posts: 1
    Fantastic!!! If you cant see a difference, get naked in front of a mirror..the mirror never lies and you will see it and be so impressed with yourself! I don't know you, but you are awesome! Just pick up a 50lb weight and you will not believe it! You will say to yourself..I can't believe I was carrying that around with me! You Go Girl!
  • kalibsmom
    kalibsmom Posts: 58 Member
    You are AWESOME!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • flems629
    flems629 Posts: 80 Member
    Great job, that is amazing. you should be soooo proud of yourself!
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Awesome! :happy:
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    The simplest way for you to see the 51 pounds lost is to put on clothing that was snug before or fit fine, and see how it is too loose now. Regarding how many weeks, that will be an average loss of ten pounds per month, as of July 22. Impressive! I have had an average loss of five pounds per month. You are doing fantastic, and I can't believe your brother would say something so hurtful to you. He must have insecurities himself to make him say something like that. Keep up the good work and be happy with yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • HotMommy0609
    HotMommy0609 Posts: 224
    Quite an accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Awesome job Emily!!! :) You're such an inspiration to me! I wish I would have gotten started at your age!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Awesome job!!! I am sure you could see the difference if you put the pictures side by side.
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Awesome job!! The only way I can really see it on myself is to take before and after pics. of front and side views!!
  • Congrats! While you may not be able to see a difference I am sure your brother is ;)

Best of luck as you continue to shed!!!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Awesome!!!! great job!!!!:happy: :wink:
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    That is GREAT!!!!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    great job! i can't wait to hit 50. i just hit 40 today so i'm thinking 50 is in a few weeks.
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    :drinker: That is awesome.:drinker: Congratulations on your first 50. You are a true inspiration, keep up the great work and take that big bro! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!