give me reviews for Chalean extrem Please

Options
Would like to hear reviews and results from those that have done this. Also is it a dancy type DVD program or more like a jullian micheals DVD? Prefer the later but want to get more toned now .

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    It's not like either. The main work outs are three weight training workouts- lifting heavy weights. It's made interesting though as Chalean is very motivating.
    You can get clips on YouTube.
  • 5083penn
    5083penn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started week 4 of Chalean and LOVE IT. I thought I would get bored of videos but it is awesome. I am so much stronger than i thought I would be.
  • miki716
    miki716 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in the last phase right now and I loved it! I only lost about 6 lbs so far but I'm sooo much stronger and I can actually see my muscles! I really recommend it!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I haven't done Chalean Extreme, but I've done lots of Turbo Jam with Chalene. I think that something unique about her videos is that I never get bored with them or sick of her, which is different than MANY others I have tried. She is really great.
  • ThatDamnRobyn
    ThatDamnRobyn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have done six weeks of it before and just restarted it a month ago. I adore it. It's a weight-training DVD and comes in three 1-month segments. Each 1 month phase has three different workouts, so you do each of those every week and repeat for four weeks, then move to the next phase. It's designed to build muscle fast. I bought mine used, and it didn't have all the stuff, but I *think* it normally comes with several sizes of bands so that if you don't have weights, you're OK. I bought free weights to use. You'll need some sort of resistance. It also has two cardio workouts and two abs workouts. I think it has a stretch workout too, but I do tons of yoga, so I don't use that.
    Strength training is such a great way to boost your metabolism and get leaner, and I love this program. She has you lift HEAVY and slow, but do few reps. It seems very effective.
    As for cardio/dancy programs, I also have TurboFire (same woman). It's more like kickboxing. I'm not a huge fan of cardio workouts. It's well-done and there are tons of workouts, I just can't say I love them. I don't think it's her fault, just my preference. I do really like the 15 minute HIIT workout on there.
    ***for the record, despite my ravings about ChaLEAN Extreme, I'm NOT a Beachbody rep and have nothing to gain! But I do have a great Beachbody coach, if you're interested.***
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Starting my second week and loving it! Seen great success with friends who have done it so I got it! Seeing is believeing and even after a week I have moved up in weights and starting to see a difference in me. Go For It! You'll be glad when you do and add me as a friend if you want a buddy to go thru it with!