HELP! Knee injury and I need advice

Options
cbp_07
cbp_07 Posts: 13 Member
Hi All, hoping someone can help me here. ...
I have been trying to lose some weight for some time now, and it is coming off some-what, but it is taking FOREVER! Im getting so frustrated. I started 30DS last week and was 5 days in when I woke up to a horrible pain in my knee, since then it hasn't gone away completely and although its getting better, it is still difficult for me to exercise like I want (basially any cardio or squatting kills me). I would love to start a weight-lifitng program (I've done CrossFit for awhile but just coudlnt afford the ridiculous cost of it) but am intimidated to do so at my gym with a ton of very in shape men around.

Im looking for someone who can give me some advice and help to get my butt in shape :) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S I should note that I do work in a physical therapy office so I am getting help with my knee

Replies

• cbp_07
    Options
    Bump
  • chellebelle252
    Options
    HI!

I also have knee injuries and cardio used to be a challenge. Try Jillian Micheal's Kick box Fast Fix. Three 20 minute cardio + strength exercised that workout the whole body!

As time has passed I have gotten better with my knees. I have an elliptical that I got for cheap off Craigslist and the lack of impact makes cardio a lot easier. On average I can do about and hour ad day, but I would suggest giving your knees a rest every 3-4 days.

Hope this help!
  • cbp_07
    Options
    Thanks so much! I will give the elliptical another try ( I usually get bored with it at the gym, but the lower empact is probably a good idea) :)
  • kklemarow
    kklemarow Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Try swimming or biking, they're easier on the joints. I also have knee issues and wear a tensor brace while working out, it seems to work pretty well.