Took on 2-30 day challenges

Options
Hello, I recently took on 2-30 day challenges and I am having trouble staying motivated. I am actually on day 3...literally just started. I am very sore and can barely walk. Now, I have heard that the 3 day is the worst on the 300/30 Ab Challenge, but I am REALLY dreading even starting this workout. The other challenge I have is a squat challenge, which wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the Ab challenge as it has affected my hip flexors and tops of my thighs. I am trying to cling on to the fact tomorrow is a rest day, but I will still be sore and possibly make it worse. I am looking for some motivation. I have an 8 month old daughter I am trying to get healthier for and some other things coming up this summer. I honestly thought this would be fun since I enjoy challenges, but I hurt! :frown:

Replies

• sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing the crunch challenge and squat challenge as well! I'm on day 10 of the squats, and day 5 of the crunches. I love the challenges and competition (even if it's only with myself!) So I'm also doing 30DS and the C25k. I also do some kettlebell routines, and free weights from Youtube, so I'm all over the place!
    You just have to keep going at it!

your-mind.png
  • luticiaf
    luticiaf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Remember your inspiration, your baby girl! You will thank yourself afterward:)
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hang in there!!.. get to the rest day on the squats.. it will get better..I'm on day 8 and I can walk again:) Body just need to adjust .. but I'm going to have to look up the ab one!

you got this!
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you can do it.....2 is a challenge....and you'll reap the rewards soon! I took before & after pics of my tush before i did a 30day squat challenge...wow...am i proud of myself & so happy I stuck with it!
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It'll get better. Actually, the best thing you can do for the pain is to keep at it. Exercise increases blood flow to the area which increases healing. Pop a couple over the counter pain killers if you need to, get out there and do it. You'll thank yourself later.

Edit to say - keeping at it won't make the pain worse, unless you injure yourself with bad form. And you probably want to do the squats first.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    OOOHHHH What is the squat challenge??
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    30-day Squat Challenge (I know there are a few out there, but this is what I am trying to do):
    Day 1: 50
    Day 2: 55
    Day 3: 60
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: 70
    Day 6: 75
    Day 7: 80
    Day 8: Rest
    Day 9: 100
    Day 10: 105
    Day 11: 110
    Day 12: Rest