P90X and weight loss

Options
I have a week and a half to go before I've been doing P90X for 30 days. I haven't lost any weight, in fact, I've gained 2~ pounds since starting. My arms look a wee bit more toned, but my stomach is still pretty flabby. Why am I not losing more weight? I've followed the meal plan and kept my eating habits within my calorie limit.

Is this normal? I see all those video and pictures that show day 1 then day 30 and a lot of them are amazing. I look like I've done nothing and I've been totally bringing it.

Replies

• amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even look at a scale until you're at least 30 days in if not the whole 90. Your body is probably freaking out wondering what in the hell you're doing to it! :laugh:

Don't give up! You will see results!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, too, that we are our own worst critic. Because we see ourselves in the mirror every day, we may not notice the changes that take place over the 30 day period. Be sure to take measurements and document every 30 days with pictures. When I did my 2nd round, I only lost 6 or 7 pounds in 3 months, but MAN did my pictures and measurements tell a completely different story. The scale is not necessarily your friend, and is not the 'end all, be all' to measuring loss.
  • Bloodie
    Bloodie Posts: 53
    Options
    Oh yea... I can tell for sure that the scale is not necessarily your friend always :) I've been doin p90x for hmm 13 days now, of course i've switched my eating habits and really "bringing it" as much as i can. Now when i look at myself i dont really see much of a difference, neither did i expect any in the first few weeks, however the people i didnt see in about 2 weeks ask me what did you start doing in the past week because they can see im getting smaller :) So, basically just keep pushing play, keep bringing it, and results WILL follow !